RC-Monster Forums  
RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > Fastlane Machine

Old
  (#16)
nastety92
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

01.13.2012, 08:36 AM

Polish them then seal them so you don't have to repolish them all the time.

Truck looks great,
Nick

Tamiya TRF801Xt-e

Old
  (#17)
RC-Monster Mike
Site Owner

01.13.2012, 11:51 AM

Lookin' good, Blazer. My only comment is that the RPM arms, while flexible enough to prevent breaking themselves in a pretty big impact, can transfer the load to the cvds. The arms flex enough to load the cvd shafts in a way they are intended for, which will either bend the cvd shaft or possible damage the diff(UE steel shafts are quite strong and may damage diff before bending). I personally think the Traxxas cvds would be preferred over the UE Ti shafts, but the UE steel cvds are the best out there. The Ti units are light, but Titanium is nowhere near as hard as heat treated steel, so they wear at the ball very quickly. Get UE suspension arms if you can - they are quite rugged. FLM arms are pretty durable as well and have a good warranty.
The Progressive shocks are quite rare(I have a set here myself), too. I also have a pair of 40 series Aluminum rims that are directional(2 left side and 2 right side) that are rare on one of my Maxx trucks.

Old
  (#18)
Blazerss
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

01.13.2012, 11:56 PM

Thanks for the response guys, polish it is. Monster mike, a special thanks to you for your post. I was a member on ue before here and never saw robin post in someones thread with comments, it means a lot to me to see that your interested and watching what your members are doing.

I would love a set of ue arms, I simply just don't have any yet. To tell you the truth I'm already buying parts for my next 2 builds and I'm trying not to spend too much more on this one. I have decided on the traxxas cvd's, simply because they hold up well enough and they are available everywhere. The last thing I want to do is ruin some of my ue parts. Building will resume tomorrow and pics will be added.

Forgot to ask, monster mike, do you have pics of your trucks and those wheels posted somewhere?

Old
  (#19)
AIJames

01.14.2012, 01:06 AM

patiently awaiting your next updates

Old
  (#20)
Blazerss
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

01.14.2012, 07:24 PM

Got some work done today and still working on it. Here are a few updates.

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Old
  (#21)
Blazerss
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

01.15.2012, 04:25 PM

Ran into a problem today. With the Tekno carriers you must install their stub shaft on your axel or cvd because it is larger in diameter. Im running the Traxxas cvd's and you can't remove stub shafts from them. My only option is to find cvd's with removable stubs, or just get rpm carriers. Im just getting rpm carriers. A little disappointed because the tekno's look really good and look like they would hold up to anything. I will use them on a future build I suppose. I did get the rear all done since Im running the tru-track on it. Now I have to wait for carriers to arrive.

This shows how you install the Tekno stubs onto stock traxxas axles and how the traxxas cvd stubs aren't removable, or atleast not in a way that will allow you to use the Tekno stubs
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Polish them
Old
  (#22)
JERRY2KONE
JERRY2KONE SUPERMAXX

Polish them - 01.15.2012, 04:58 PM

I have to agree. Polish them. So far so good. I really like the look of those heavy duty shocks you have with the fat shafts. Where did you get those (link)? Looking good. Oh and use the Plastix hardened steel pins. The titanium pins bend much too easy, and the stock pins are shameful.

SUPERMAXX YOUR LIFE.

Old
  (#23)
AIJames

01.15.2012, 05:03 PM

as i said on your other threads looking nice. hope mine looks just as nice when done.

Old
  (#24)
RC-Monster Mike
Site Owner

01.16.2012, 10:56 AM

I haven't posted pictures of many of my trucks, but I am a Maxx truck lover from way back, so suffice to say I have had quite a few bad ass maxx trucks in my time. I still have a few that are probably worth some $$, too - what used to be my race truck, for instance, could be show worthy with a few hours of clean-up. I may have a picture or two of one of my Maxx trucks around - will see if I can dig one up real quick. :)

EMaxx
Old
  (#25)
RC-Monster Mike
Site Owner

EMaxx - 01.16.2012, 11:00 AM

Pictures are a few years old, but the truck is in exactly the same condition, save for some dust. I never even painted the body - the truck looked so good, paint would hide it. :)
This truck has RDLogics wheels on it, GorillaMaxx chassis with a custom rear upper deck that integrated a heat sink for the Quark ESC(which is also modified with a couple ounces of extra copper inside). Also has the original Slipperential transmission installed. :)
This truck was basically modelled after my race truck, but not quite as spec'd out(has Hybrid bulks, while my race truck has UE towerless bulks, etc.).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	truck sideview.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	10231   Click image for larger version

Name:	IM000414.jpg
Views:	403
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	10232  

Last edited by RC-Monster Mike; 01.16.2012 at 12:02 PM.

Old
  (#26)
coolhandcountry
RC-Monster Mod

01.16.2012, 11:28 AM

I have seen a couple of the ones Mike has built as well.
Makes me drool!
Something about all that aluminum and shiny stuff.

Peace!
Country
Help support the
Rc-Monster
Buy here

My pics and videos

Old
  (#27)
AIJames

01.16.2012, 11:46 AM

nice maxx there, getting anxious now for mine to come more together.

Nice wheels
Old
  (#28)
JERRY2KONE
JERRY2KONE SUPERMAXX

Nice wheels - 01.16.2012, 12:49 PM

Nice truck Mike. And nice set of SPI wheels as well. I have a set of those on one of my SuperMaxx's with blue anodized center caps. The Maxx trucks have become the classics.

SUPERMAXX YOUR LIFE.

Old
  (#29)
gumleguf
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

01.16.2012, 03:29 PM

Monster mike > That's seriously good looking. Those RD Logics wheels are badaxx! Are they true bead loc wheels or just look alikes?

Old
  (#30)
RC-Monster Mike
Site Owner

01.16.2012, 03:45 PM

The RDL wheels, while nice, are not true beadlocks. They have interchangeable centers, which were available in different colors and styles - they were less than $200 for the full set, too if I remember correctly. I don't think they are available any more and I don't have those particular rims myself anymore, either. :(