RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > RC-Monster Area > Announcements

Forum Etiquette
Old
  (#1)
BrianG
RC-Monster Admin

Forum Etiquette - 03.15.2010, 05:13 PM

There has been a general decline in attitude and behavior recently that must stop! I was speaking with Mike the other day and he agrees and has asked mods to become more aggressive in moderating to address the issues below:
  1. Personal attacks. There is no need to trade insults between members. If there is a beef between individuals, take care of it off the forum. Period. If you are the target of an attack, you are more than welcome to PM a moderator and we will see to it that it stops.

2. Vulgar language. Most of us are adults here, but there are a few younger members. As such, we should keep the language on the forum PG-13 rated at the very most.

3. Inappropriate content. This forum is intended primarily as a support forum for RC-Monster products and general brushless information. Many of us spend a lot of our time here and consider fellow members friends. So, off-topic (non-R/C related) threads do happen, and that is perfectly fine. However posting or linking to inappropriate content (such as content including items 1 and 2 above) is off-limits.
Let's try to act our age, shall we?

Last edited by BrianG; 03.15.2010 at 05:31 PM.
  Send a message via Yahoo to BrianG Send a message via MSN to BrianG  
Old
  (#2)
pinkpanda3310
RC-Monster Titanium

03.15.2010, 07:33 PM

Sorry Boss

How come I didn't see this thread in the new post search?

I see it now I posted on it ?????????

Last edited by pinkpanda3310; 03.15.2010 at 07:34 PM.

Old
  (#3)
What's_nitro?
Soldermaster Extraordinaire

03.15.2010, 07:49 PM

We do try, Brian, but there are those who would tempt us to act the part of third-graders. Sometimes they are successful- not necessarily because we are lowering ourselves to their level, but because we are strong-minded and simply cannot back down when faced with such pompus attitudes. Such people take full advantage of the fact that they are behind the keyboard, and we don't know where they live. If the inverse were true I am sure we would not have to deal with that type of immature behaviour at all, as justice would inevitably take it's own course.

I am faster than Buzz Lightyear.

Last edited by What's_nitro?; 03.15.2010 at 07:51 PM.

Old
  (#4)
Duster_360

03.15.2010, 08:55 PM

I hope you have PM'ed the offending parties as well.

Old
  (#5)
E-Revonut
RC-Monster RC8T

03.15.2010, 09:40 PM

I know that this thread is most likely the result of the posts on a couple threads today. Threads/conversations that I did take part in. In the end I realized that the farther into the conversations I got the more I had sunk to the same level as someone else. On the other hand it really did offend me when someone, a new member here, was calling out long standing members. Offered nothing but rubbish to say and of the several dozen posts made only asked one actual question and posted one decent comment about the answer to that question.

In the end this is my formal apology for my childish behavior of stuping to the level of someone that was acting inappropriate, by acting the same myself.

RC-Monster RC8T 1515 2.5D/MMM/5s RC-M 4500mah
SC10 MMPro 13.5T 2s NeuEnery 5000mah
RC18T Mamba 25/5400kv 2s lipo + 6s NiMh

Old
  (#6)
Bondonutz
Fat Kid Engineering

03.15.2010, 10:07 PM

I slipped a few times myself, sorry Mr. B

I'll try to play nice.

I retired from RC, now life is all about guns and long range shooting.

Old
  (#7)
lincpimp
Check out my huge box!

03.15.2010, 10:14 PM

Best thing to do with annoying parties is to just ignore them. Then they go away, hopefully. Or you could reverse track them and sent a flaming bag of poo to their house. I prefer the first, as it is dangerous to mail poo, and especially flaming poo. Even next day air is too slow. Plus poo is often hard to come across, at least enough for it to be impressive.

So the moral here is to treat everyone as you would be treated, and cut the slower members some slack, cause not everyone knows everything (I am damn close). Lets make this a fun place to be, devoid of flaming bags of poo, and excessive animated smiley icons.

Old
  (#8)
lutach
RC-Monster Dual Brushless

03.15.2010, 11:13 PM

Did I do something wrong again ?

Lets keep it civilized people.
  Send a message via MSN to lutach  
Old
  (#9)
TDC57
"If you can't beat em'....shoot em'

04.16.2010, 11:42 AM

So does this mean I cant make fun of linkpimp anymore???

Oohh Mannn.. OK... I'll be good..

Nothing!.. Hahahahaaa..

Old
  (#10)
BrianG
RC-Monster Admin

04.16.2010, 11:46 AM

No, good-natured jabs are ok as long as it's kept clean and no one gets mad. There was an issue a little while back that just got out of hand which brought this to a head, but general etiquette was slowly declining.
  Send a message via Yahoo to BrianG Send a message via MSN to BrianG  
Old
  (#11)
big greg

04.16.2010, 08:05 PM

probably because the more people that get kicked off the traxxas forums come over here, nd you know how some of them are, lol, thats enough ill be good

Huh???
Old
  (#12)
JERRY2KONE
JERRY2KONE SUPERMAXX

Huh??? - 04.16.2010, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lincpimp View Post
Best thing to do with annoying parties is to just ignore them. Then they go away, hopefully. Or you could reverse track them and sent a flaming bag of poo to their house. I prefer the first, as it is dangerous to mail poo, and especially flaming poo. Even next day air is too slow. Plus poo is often hard to come across, at least enough for it to be impressive.

So the moral here is to treat everyone as you would be treated, and cut the slower members some slack, cause not everyone knows everything (I am damn close). Lets make this a fun place to be, devoid of flaming bags of poo, and excessive animated smiley icons.
Did you guys here something?? Did somebody say something?? I guess not. Must have been the breeze, or a wayward fly lost on his way to the XXX video rental.

SUPERMAXX YOUR LIFE.

See that
Old
  (#13)
JERRY2KONE
JERRY2KONE SUPERMAXX

See that - 04.16.2010, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC57 View Post
So does this mean I cant make fun of linkpimp anymore???

Oohh Mannn.. OK... I'll be good..
See that. only back one day and already starting up trouble... Glad your back Shaun. Harold needed help slamming James.

SUPERMAXX YOUR LIFE.

Old
  (#14)
Arct1k
RC-Monster Mod

09.15.2010, 09:45 AM

Bump