RC-Monster Forums  
RC8T Conversion
Old
  (#1)
thzero
RC-Monster Aluminum

RC8T Conversion - 04.12.2010, 02:22 PM

I initially converted my RC8T using the Associated kit, however wanted to run 5S/6S instead of just 4S. The Associated kit's battery tray does not support 4S. I had already converted to using the RC-Monster RC8 motor mount as I had fit issues with the Associated kit.

I am really pleased with the kit and found it to be extremely high quality. I only had two minor fit issues. The RC8T Conversion kit was requested with custom 168x52mm battery tray with ESC; the standard tray and straps are pretty much designed for 4S. For 5S/6S make sure to request the 11" straps!!

Pluses:
  • High quality components.
  • Diff riser, motor mount and receiver/servo mount are really quality pieces.
  • Chassis is very nice and slightly narrower than standard (forgot to get a weight difference). There are also no nitro holes in the chassis.
  • Custom battery tray only weights 1oz more than Associated stock tray.
  • Custom battery tray's ESC holder is great and allows the use of the Traxxas E-Revo Brushless ESC hold down part. This is a great way to secure the ESC and have a secure place for the on/off switch.
  • Great value for the money!
  • Fast delivery with customizations.

Misses:
  • Slight fit issue with the front brace on the center diff riser; it was extremely minor; maybe .5mm if that.
  • Slight fit issue with the receiver/servo mount, but this is only due to the custom battery tray. Its a very tight fit between the battery tray and the receiver pad. Receiver pad could probably be 1mm narrower, especially considering the size of today's 2.4ghz receivers.
  • Side/dirt guards could be a bit taller.
  • Chassis does not have the slightly turned up edges of the standard chassis.
  • Custom battery tray is very nice, but its the place I feel is most needing some improvements (should post pics of these).
    • The sides of the tray could be another 1mm high.
    • The tray could be 1mm narrower; this would still leave plenty of strength but reduce some weight.
    • The wire router divider could be about 10mm longer.
    • Few areas on the underneath that could be machined out again for some weight saving.

See my truggy thread for information on my conversion and setup. My gallery with shots of my build is here:http://picasaweb.google.com/thzerodo...sterConversion

Last edited by thzero; 04.12.2010 at 02:23 PM.