RC-Monster Forums  
RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > General Electric

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old
  (#16)
_paralyzed_
working on a brushless for my wheelchair.....

03.27.2013, 04:47 AM

That's pure sex right there. Beautiful build. It deserves a neu motor. (deanoed and polished of course!)

And a Mamba Monster in one of these- http://www.ebay.com/itm/Castle-Creat...item460d317f06

It's "Dr. _paralyzed_" actually. Not like with a PhD, but Doctor like in Dr. Pepper.

Last edited by _paralyzed_; 03.27.2013 at 04:51 AM.

Old
  (#17)
Klausen
Brushless G-maxx

03.27.2013, 07:00 AM

Those Powerstrokes looks sweet. Perfect fit in with the rest of this awesome build.

Old
  (#18)
WheelMan
Do Epic Sh!t

03.27.2013, 10:24 AM

Thanks guys! I just can't help but stare at this build every time I go out to the garage. The parts are just awesome together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _paralyzed_ View Post
That's pure sex right there. Beautiful build. It deserves a neu motor. (deanoed and polished of course!)

And a Mamba Monster in one of these- http://www.ebay.com/itm/Castle-Creat...item460d317f06
Funny you should say that, I was thinking about using a Neu 1521 on it

And I had never seen the billet Mamba casing, until now I can't possibly see how this truck can be complete withou one...so I must make this happen! The listing is not super clear though, and I'm still learning...this is for the previous Mamba Monster esc right?...not the current Mamba 2?

-Travis

Adults are just kids, with money.
Common sense, is not so common.

Last edited by WheelMan; 03.27.2013 at 10:25 AM.

Old
  (#19)
nastety92
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

03.27.2013, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelMan View Post
Funny you should say that, I was thinking about using a Neu 1521 on it

And I had never seen the billet Mamba casing, until now I can't possibly see how this truck can be complete withou one...so I must make this happen! The listing is not super clear though, and I'm still learning...this is for the previous Mamba Monster esc right?...not the current Mamba 2?

-Travis
That same person sells those over on rctech.net if you want to look at more info about them. It does look like they were made for the original MMM that was non waterproof. He also sells them for the RX8 as well.

Nick

Tamiya TRF801Xt-e

Old
  (#20)
MonsterMaxx
Owner of Unlimited Engineering

03.27.2013, 01:04 PM

Sure looks good. Nice build, great job on the polishing.

That's a really cool speed control case. Any links to the RX8 one? I might just have to go for that.

Old
  (#21)
brainanator
RC-Monster Aluminum

03.27.2013, 03:29 PM

Here is a page to his active ebay listings (hope it works for other people)

http://www.ebay.com/sch/rcboss/m.htm...&_trksid=p3686

I don't think he can sell on RCTech anymore since they started enforcing the rule where you can't sell stuff you have produced solely to sell.

OFNA Jammin CRT.5e, Savage Flux HP, MBX5Te, SCX10, Multirotors, foam planes
  Send a message via Yahoo to brainanator Send a message via MSN to brainanator  
Old
  (#22)
nastety92
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

03.27.2013, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainanator View Post
Here is a page to his active ebay listings (hope it works for other people)

http://www.ebay.com/sch/rcboss/m.htm...&_trksid=p3686

I don't think he can sell on RCTech anymore since they started enforcing the rule where you can't sell stuff you have produced solely to sell.
Yeah I couldn't find his info over there anymore. It looks like his posts were deleted.

Looks interesting, but why not just buy a new waterproof factory MMM. I can see the reasoning for wanting it with this build but in general it doesn't make sence.

Nick

Tamiya TRF801Xt-e

Old
  (#23)
WheelMan
Do Epic Sh!t

03.27.2013, 03:58 PM

Yeah it doesn't seem to bring anything to the table that the MM2 can't, other than the major bling factor!...which is what this build is all about, of course!

I am very excited that he has an RX8 version as well though, because running a Tekin system in this truck has been my other choice vs the Nue setup.

I wonder what kind of quantity he has these things in? Just wondering if I need to jump on this now, or if there will be availability of it later on. hmm maybe have to shoot him a message.

-Travis

Last edited by WheelMan; 03.27.2013 at 04:01 PM.

Old
  (#24)
WheelMan
Do Epic Sh!t

04.01.2013, 09:26 AM

Hold on to your socks!

I got my RCM center diff/motor mount over the weekend, so naturally I just had to mount the 1520 on it so I could see what it would look like!...even though that motor isn't going on this truck, it looks pretty BA

-Travis

Old
  (#25)
MonsterMaxx
Owner of Unlimited Engineering

04.01.2013, 09:31 AM

ooooo purdy.

Do yourself a big favor, don't run it in the sand. It'll ruin that nice finish. Not to mention what the sand does to bearings and whatnot.

Old
  (#26)
WheelMan
Do Epic Sh!t

04.01.2013, 09:34 AM

oh yeah I don't plan to do that to this truck! I don't want all that polishing sandblasted away! lol

Those tires are for running on my other trucks (which are NOT all polished up and pretty), I just threw them on this truck for pictures because I thought they looked sweet.

-Travis

Old
  (#27)
WheelMan
Do Epic Sh!t

04.02.2013, 10:15 AM

ok so here's some details on what I did to get to what you see in the previous pictures, above.

RCM Center Diff/Motor Mount and an Ofna Spider 8 diff with 46T spur

And a Gregers mounting plate (the 7.5 outdrive cups made this assembly very tricky)

8x15x5mm Boca Bearings for the 8mm axles and 15mm knuckles

And some 17mm hexes for the 8mm axles

They're smaller than the 8x16x5mm bearings, but I didn't want to know what someone would charge me to open the knuckles up to 16mm, and I really wanted to run 8mm axles. So the 8x15x5mm bearings are a perfect fix, even though they are sort of hard to find, and very costly (ABEC#1, Rubber seal, 440C Stainless Steel Race, with Ceramic SI3N4 Balls)

-Travis

Last edited by WheelMan; 04.02.2013 at 11:13 AM.

Old
  (#28)
WheelMan
Do Epic Sh!t

04.02.2013, 10:16 AM

Mounted the CD unit up to the braces

And finally bit the bullet and cut out the center of the Predator so the center diff would fit

Turned out quite nice I think

-Travis

Last edited by WheelMan; 04.02.2013 at 10:18 AM.

Old
  (#29)
WheelMan
Do Epic Sh!t

04.26.2013, 10:27 AM

I've read a lot of good things about these, and some even seem to swear by them, so I finally got me some.

Ejector Pins (for making hinge pins)

Man these make NICE hinge pins!! After making a few, I realized just how BEAUTIFULLY they fit compared to the Titanium pins I modified...they made the Ti ones seem like pure junk! The Ti pins pushed through really hard, seemed to catch and grab, and a few even seemed stuck (and the truck has never even been run). But the Ejector Pins just glide right through like glass, and are a very precise fit...even at 14" long they do not flex very much at all (once cut to length for a hinge pin though, absolutely zero flex!).

With VBS & RacerX it took most of a 14" pin to make all the uppers, and about 2/3 of a 14" pin to make all the lowers. I was guessing two 14" pins would complete 1 whole truck, assuming no mistakes. Turns out there is room for error. Nothing wrong with a little extra.

I will be using these on all of my trucks, for sure! Got all 8 of them made for the VBS/RacerX setup on the Predator last night. EXT Suspension truck is next. And I got enough for my next build too

-Travis

Old
  (#30)
WheelMan
Do Epic Sh!t

04.26.2013, 10:27 AM

Put a custom steering link together for this truck, similar to the one I made for the FLM truck.

On this truck however, the placement of the servo is much better, and I didn't need to cross under the center bone to the servo saver.

-Travis