RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > RC-Monster Area > General Discussion

"Tekno RC Axle Carriers and 17mm Adapters" Issue
Old
  (#1)
Smashwings
RC-Monster Stock

"Tekno RC Axle Carriers and 17mm Adapters" Issue - 11.24.2008, 06:06 PM

I posted this in the Revo forum because didn't noticed the Tekno Forums, so I copy it here (sry for double posting):

Hi,

Iíve bough the Tekno RC Axle Carriers and 17mm Adapters for the Revo , and when installing it, I noticed that the thurnbuckle hits the plastic parto of the outher ackerman holes and iím not able to attach it to the steering arm.(see picture)

The hollow ball of the toe llink is in the upper position according to instructions to eliminate the Gump steer in the 15ļ caster angle position

Anyone knows how is supposed to be attached?

Thank you

Old
  (#2)
jhautz
RC-Monster Mod

11.24.2008, 06:11 PM

I would fix it like I fix everything RC... A dremel tool on the part that is hitting. lol

I can't decide if its more fun
to make it...
or break it...

Silent...But Deadly

Old
  (#3)
Smashwings
RC-Monster Stock

11.25.2008, 09:02 AM

Yes, that's the solution I see too, but didn't thought it would be necessary if designed for a Revo. Looks like a faulty design?

Old
  (#4)
teknorc
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

11.25.2008, 03:14 PM

Definitely not a design flaw. It's more of a tradeoff. Just like not being able to use long travel suspension setup with RPM arms. With added functionality sometimes comes tradeoffs. If you don't think you're going to use the additional Ackerman holes, they can easily be ground off for more clearance as jhautz suggested. You may find that under normal operating it may not be a problem even as is.

If the parts break for any reason due to grinding or other circumstances, just send them back and we'll replace them. Thanks!

Tekno RC - Performance Parts

Old
  (#5)
Smashwings
RC-Monster Stock

11.25.2008, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknorc View Post
Definitely not a design flaw. It's more of a tradeoff. Just like not being able to use long travel suspension setup with RPM arms. With added functionality sometimes comes tradeoffs. If you don't think you're going to use the additional Ackerman holes, they can easily be ground off for more clearance as jhautz suggested. You may find that under normal operating it may not be a problem even as is.

If the parts break for any reason due to grinding or other circumstances, just send them back and we'll replace them. Thanks!
But RPM arms are third party accesories , and the bump steer correction (hollow ball in the upper situation) is an standard adjustment that Traxxas include for the Revo.
But it's ok , some dremelling will solve it fast, thanks.

Old
  (#6)
Semi Pro
RC-Monster Titanium

11.28.2008, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashwings View Post
But RPM arms are third party accesories , and the bump steer correction (hollow ball in the upper situation) is an standard adjustment that Traxxas include for the Revo.
But it's ok , some dremelling will solve it fast, thanks.

its also the adjustment that most of us who race our revos are useing, i think that is going to stop me from buying this kit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semi Pro View Post
......maybe they want to be more like novak
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianG View Post
I'm telling Patrick you said that!

Old
  (#7)
BrianG
RC-Monster Admin

11.28.2008, 04:20 AM

I know it's not ideal, but you could either flip the hollow ball, or use a different smaller hollow ball and use whatever shims necessary to allow turnbuckle clearance, yet reduce bump steer as little as possible. Either way, it's a tradeoff...
  Send a message via Yahoo to BrianG Send a message via MSN to BrianG  
Old
  (#8)
riceman
RC-Monster Gold

11.28.2008, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semi Pro View Post
its also the adjustment that most of us who race our revos are useing, i think that is going to stop me from buying this kit.
That's a key point you just mentioned. The percentage of people who actually race their Revos I'm guessing is probably less than 10%. The majority purchasing this kit would be getting a definite upgrade in durability and performance with a direct bolt on. And as Tekno has mentioned with slight modification it still accommodates the serious racer setups without affecting strength.