RC-Monster Forums  
RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > RC-Monster Area > General Discussion

Old
  (#16)
bigsteel

11.12.2009, 08:17 PM

still fun though,i never got why companies got there panties in a bunch over people modding games for fun,not stealing them or pirating games but just modding it for lets say flying busses and multicolored people,etc.--josh

Old
  (#17)
simplechamp
RC-Monster Titanium

11.12.2009, 08:21 PM

It would be impossible to separate people modding for experimentation and messing around and those modding to cheat. You might be just having some fun, but the people you are playing against may see it as cheating. Microsoft has to assume anyone modding the game is doing so to gain an unfair advantage.

Old
  (#18)
BP-Revo
BMW M Power!

11.12.2009, 08:25 PM

I hate pay to play as well.

I'll pay $100 for a game if I know I'll be able to play it for at least the next 10 years, but to pay $60 and then keep paying to play is ridiculous. This is why I do not play wow (but one of the smaller reasons). I don't play any game where the majority of the users have to use the acronym "IRL" (In Real Life) to distinguish between reality and their online WoW life. If you play enough to where you get the two confused and must use an acronym to define one or the other, you need to get out more.

Also, I see no harm modding your console if it is for personal use and it just modifies a game you have. a 500mph bus in GTA4, that's fine. Rapid fire button so your shotgun shoots like a machine gun is COD4? That's fine too.

However, signing online with mods enabled or whatever is just plain stupid. Of course something is going to happen.

Also, it is even more stupid to think that you can pirate a game and because you successfully did, Microsoft is going to let you go ahead and play? Hell no, they are going to facilitate the sale of the games for their console as this causes more games to be made for their console which results in more sales of the console itself.

BL Revo: CF G2R, LMT1940/7, 6S FP 30C Lipos, MMM, Hitec 5955TG
CRT .5: 7075 Ext Chassis, LMT1930/7, FP 25C 3S Lipos, MM

Old
  (#19)
bigsteel

11.12.2009, 08:32 PM

hell,its fun takin people for rides in modded stuff in GTA4 on live,but there not doin much to a serious modder as they cant even track my 360 cause of my IP changing,i never do, but if i really wanted to i could torrent download all my games.there really not stopping a whole lot,we always find a way,just like the impenetrable copyright protection.if theres a nerd theres a way.and about paing for live,if you look at yesterdays PS3 CoDMW2 online shutdown,you see why we pay 5$ a month.--josh

on a side note,i dont play WoW and never will,thats a bit over the edge.

Old
  (#20)
MTBikerTim
Yip Yip Yip...

11.12.2009, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsteel View Post
hell,its fun takin people for rides in modded stuff in GTA4 on live,but there not doin much to a serious modder as they cant even track my 360 cause of my IP changing,i never do, but if i really wanted to i could torrent download all my games.there really not stopping a whole lot,we always find a way,just like the impenetrable copyright protection.if theres a nerd theres a way.and about paing for live,if you look at yesterdays PS3 CoDMW2 online shutdown,you see why we pay 5$ a month.--josh

on a side note,i dont play WoW and never will,thats a bit over the edge.
I'm pretty sure every xbox has a UID which makes it really easy to track. I'm not saying don't mod but be careful. Xbox is gay anyway they just want to suck the money out of you. I'll keep my PC.

I have to admit though that consoles do have the advantage in ease of use. I have had Batman Arkham asylum for ages now and I still can't get it to run.

Savage: FLM Conversion, 6s, MMM, CC 1520.
Mini-T Pro: Micro Pro 6800kv, Lipo, HS-81mg, Dirt Hawgs
M18MT: Quark 33A, Y22S 6000kv, FP 2s Lipo
LRP S8-BX: RC-M Conversion, Tekin RX8 B1600KV, 6S.
  Send a message via MSN to MTBikerTim  
Old
  (#21)
bigsteel

11.12.2009, 10:12 PM

not when your skipping IP addresses every few seconds,makes it tricky to hook up to some wervers but not impossible,theres a way around everything.and i was never into PC's since they are to expensive to update with the games when consoles keep lasting longer and longer for a much lower price and ease of use.--josh

Old
  (#22)
simplechamp
RC-Monster Titanium

11.13.2009, 12:06 AM

Even if your IP address is changing rapidly I don't see how that has any effect on your Xbox console ID? On the server end wouldn't it look like the same console is sending packets from a different location every few seconds, which may raise some eyebrows if anyone actually took notice (unlikely, but possible). The way I see it the Xbox console ID is like a MAC address, so unless you are actually spoofing the console ID I think you've just been lucky so far. Try playing some modded Modern Warfare 2 on Xbox Live and let us know how that works out....

Old
  (#23)
BP-Revo
BMW M Power!

11.13.2009, 03:27 AM

Quote:
and about paing for live,if you look at yesterdays PS3 CoDMW2 online shutdown,you see why we pay 5$ a month.--josh
I don't play anything online except for 3rd party maps on little big planet.

Besides that, the only real reason I hooked up my PS3 Slim to the internet in the first place was just for updates...

BL Revo: CF G2R, LMT1940/7, 6S FP 30C Lipos, MMM, Hitec 5955TG
CRT .5: 7075 Ext Chassis, LMT1930/7, FP 25C 3S Lipos, MM

Old
  (#24)
bigsteel

11.13.2009, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplechamp View Post
Even if your IP address is changing rapidly I don't see how that has any effect on your Xbox console ID? On the server end wouldn't it look like the same console is sending packets from a different location every few seconds, which may raise some eyebrows if anyone actually took notice (unlikely, but possible). The way I see it the Xbox console ID is like a MAC address, so unless you are actually spoofing the console ID I think you've just been lucky so far. Try playing some modded Modern Warfare 2 on Xbox Live and let us know how that works out....
alright,ill download it today,proof that i cant be tracked.not that i care but, just to prove a point that anything microsoft does is possible to get around with enough experience.--josh

Old
  (#25)
bigsteel

11.13.2009, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplechamp View Post
it may draw attention,and it may not change my 360's address,but they cant stay hooked up to it long enough to do anything to it.the conection is cut and reopened on a proxy server and unless they dedicate a team to track me down,i doubt it will happen.and even if it does,im pretty sure i could re-hack my 360 and open it back up with a new ID--josh

Old
  (#26)
simplechamp
RC-Monster Titanium

Thumbs down 11.13.2009, 03:48 PM

Quote:
alright,ill download it today,proof that i cant be tracked.not that i care but, just to prove a point that anything microsoft does is possible to get around with enough experience.--josh
Don't pirate the game just to prove a point. It would be an impossible point to prove anyway. How will we know if you get banned or not?

Old
  (#27)
KaztheMinotaur
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

11.14.2009, 08:14 AM

How do you mod a controller for rapid fire?