millzee
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

slash 4x4 effort - 07.22.2012, 07:24 PM

Old
  (#2)
millzee
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

08.07.2012, 09:03 PM

Last night I fitted the last of the upgrades to the 4x4 and took a few pic's and thought I'd share them with you. I have installed a castle creations 1515 2200kv brushless motor along with a mamba monster speedo. So far I've ran it on 4s and 6s and on 6s I toasted a 50t spur so I've bolted on a 40t mod 1 revo spur and plan on testing 4s, 5s and 6s over on the oval if it stops raining at some point today, I have good stocks of mod 1 rcm pinions so I'll play around until I find a nice runtime and safe enough temps, any suggestions??
I found the stock shocks far too soft and have fitted a set of proline powerstroke shock and have installed the red lower with yellow upper springs on the rear and the opposite spring set up on the front, I have no idea how it'll handle but from dropping it at a height, I like these shocks, again, I'll need to play around to find out what suits my driving areas. I had found a good set up running the rear traxxas big bore's and rear xo-1 shocks with white/blue springs on the front worked well for oval driving on both 4s and 6s.
After a few good stacks with the xo-1, I found the stock arms tend to break where there pinned to the bulkhead so I installed RPM arms all round and used the xo-1 aluminium c-hubs on the front. I read up on cvd's and decided I'd be happy enough with the tekno shafts and carriers but it's set me back to 12mm hex rims because the shaft will not allow the traxxas 17mm hex's to fit and any mods look like they'd become an issue so I'll have to wait until I get the tekno 17mm adaptors to run the badlands, trenchers on PL aluminium rims for now.
You can see in the pic's where I've placed the rx box next to the servo to make room for bigger batteries, thats worked out well and made it nice and easy for lipo changes and the carbon plate has a 5mm rubber foam to keep the lipo in place and safe. The LED light on the front bumper is a std 12v waterproof trailer light thats fine to run on 4s (nice and bright) and I've soldered ec3's to connect all the lighting through a on and off switch. I removed the led strips from the inside of the body and will be more than happy with the front light only as let's face it, I only need to see what directions it's facing and the bling will always fall off while bashing, but it was fun for the night. I think it's stopped raining enough for me to go out for a play, I'm off.

Old
  (#3)
millzee
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

08.27.2013, 09:36 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzmknErf10k

Old
  (#4)
nastety92
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

08.27.2013, 10:17 AM

That link does not work.