RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > Crawlers/Scale Vehicles

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old
  (#16)
Arct1k
RC-Monster Mod

10.24.2008, 01:33 PM

Now you just need to dually's for 6 X 10!

http://cgi.ebay.com/T-Maxx/Savage-Be...18104006r25247

Last edited by Arct1k; 10.24.2008 at 01:34 PM.

Old
  (#17)
lincpimp
Check out my huge box!

10.24.2008, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suicideneil View Post
Q. Are the 3 sets of wheels/ axles evenly spaced, or will the rear two be closer together, with a larger gap to the front axle?

I was thinking something like giant baja buggy army vehicle of sorts, or something like that monster from Final Fantasy: The spirits within (love that film, need to watch the dvd again soon I think)...
All 3 will be evenly spaced, with the front and rear steerable. The center axle will be fixed. All 6 wheels will be driven and all locked full time. I may try to incorporate the summit diffs... I also want to make some sort of servo actuated adjustable height suspension. I am also working on another maxx based 6x6. This will have the rear wheels close together, like the truck stop racing mgt.

This truck will be a slow speed crawler, but the other truck will be a basher. I need some machine tools to make the transfer diff case for it, so that may be a few months...

Old
  (#18)
lincpimp
Check out my huge box!

10.24.2008, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arct1k View Post
Now you just need to dually's for 6 X 10!

http://cgi.ebay.com/T-Maxx/Savage-Be...18104006r25247
Good lord, that would be an expensive mod, as I would have to buy at least 4 sets of beadlock wheels...!!!

It would be cool though. I am wondering what tires to ue on this. I will do the shakedown runs with talons as I have a bunch of them. I think I have some mashers, and I also have 4 of the losi claw tires from my aftershock. Those are decent crawling tires. 6 moab xl tires on the narrow 40 series beadlocks would be awesome, but $200 bucks for wheels and tires is a bit much!!!!!

Old
  (#19)
brushlessboy16
Im not dark, Im over ripened! xD

10.24.2008, 07:44 PM

For your adjustable suspension, May be a long shot but put the upper shock mounts on really strong servos and adjust from there, so you could have different heights on each side, if you use a 6 channel radio, you can put the "airride" on one stick to adjust and driving on the left. lockers on the flap or smoke switch

Benjamin White
R/c Monster Team Driver
Jq the car, LST, Sportweks turmoil pro
Unconventional Techniques, Superior Results
  Send a message via Yahoo to brushlessboy16 Send a message via AIM to brushlessboy16 Send a message via MSN to brushlessboy16 Send a message via Skype™ to brushlessboy16 
Update with pics!
Old
  (#20)
lincpimp
Check out my huge box!

Update with pics! - 10.25.2008, 07:02 PM

So I am getting there. Finished the center skid, greased the front and center diffs, and attached all of the suspension I currently have built. I need to scare up another 3.3 diff case for the rear. And one more steering bellcrank post that is hiding somewhere.

I also need to space the johnson motors back a bit, as the shafts are too short to fit the pinions backwards. I may end up using some titans, as they will fit without mods.

Yes, the rear chassis is red, I got it in trade with a bunck of parts, and it appears to be the only other emaxx tranny I have left... I guess I cut up all of the others to make battery trays... I will order another chassis when I make my next order, so for now it will have to do.

Old
  (#21)
suicideneil
They've been naughty boys, havent they Mr. Flibble

10.25.2008, 08:16 PM

Cool.

Buy some cheap black spray paint (Krylon even) and fix that chassis, its making my eyes hurt (noobs have no taste when it comes to doing things like that to a truck...).
  Send a message via MSN to suicideneil  
Old
  (#22)
brushlessboy16

10.25.2008, 08:48 PM

Are you using 4 motors? if not why not skip the rear transmission? use the rear chassis as a plat form for something, make it into a project x truck with rockets or something cool.

Benjamin White
R/c Monster Team Driver
  Send a message via Yahoo to brushlessboy16 Send a message via AIM to brushlessboy16 Send a message via MSN to brushlessboy16 Send a message via Skype™ to brushlessboy16 
Old
  (#23)
lincpimp
Check out my huge box!

10.25.2008, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suicideneil View Post
Cool.

Buy some cheap black spray paint (Krylon even) and fix that chassis, its making my eyes hurt (noobs have no taste when it comes to doing things like that to a truck...).
I think I will do that, as long as I do not need to order anything to finish the truck... Saves me 10-15 bucks for the chassis and I can run the truck now.

You should have seen all the al parts he had ano-ed red, it was horrible. Luckily the bulks very silver, so I sold them! And the tranny case was painted silver... Very ugly paint scheme, but I only paid about 50 bucks for more than a complete truck worth of parts.

I do own an auto body shop, so I should have a can of flat black spray-bomb around somewhere

Old
  (#24)
lincpimp
Check out my huge box!

10.25.2008, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brushlessboy16 View Post
Are you using 4 motors? if not why not skip the rear transmission? use the rear chassis as a plat form for something, make it into a project x truck with rockets or something cool.
Ah, yes, the rear tranny is only there so that I can use a pair of center driveshafts, and not have to make one really looooong driveshaft. It is empty save for the bearings and the lower shaft. I may put some sort of "project X" style stuff in it, but have a great idea that I will share as the build progresses.

Old
  (#25)
brushlessboy16

10.25.2008, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lincpimp View Post
Ah, yes, the rear tranny is only there so that I can use a pair of center driveshafts, and not have to make one really looooong driveshaft. It is empty save for the bearings and the lower shaft. I may put some sort of "project X" style stuff in it, but have a great idea that I will share as the build progresses.
maybe call flm?

i like the rocket launcher :D

I have a plan for my Matrix, a small electric airsoft gun running off a duratrax intellispeed esc on my 3rd channel

Benjamin White
R/c Monster Team Driver
Old
  (#26)
What's_nitro?
Soldermaster Extraordinaire

10.26.2008, 12:20 AM

Looking good, lincpimp. I wanna see this thing rumble asap!

I am faster than Buzz Lightyear.

Old
  (#27)
BL_RV0
RC-Monster Dual Brushless

10.26.2008, 12:47 PM

Looks good. (Will look a lot better when that chassis is painted though.)

Get me back into RC!
  Send a message via Yahoo to BL_RV0 Send a message via AIM to BL_RV0 Send a message via MSN to BL_RV0  
Old
  (#28)
lincpimp
Check out my huge box!

10.26.2008, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by What's_nitro? View Post
Looking good, lincpimp. I wanna see this thing rumble asap!
Thanks, I will try to get all of the electonics wired today, but the wife wants to get a pumpkin and carve it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL_RV0 View Post
Looks good. (Will look a lot better when that chassis is painted though.)
Very true, I will remove it and get some paint on it tomorrow during the day.

Old
  (#29)
BL_RV0
RC-Monster Dual Brushless

10.26.2008, 03:50 PM

Fun. Linc you need to have a garage sale where everything is going very cheap!!

Get me back into RC!
  Send a message via Yahoo to BL_RV0 Send a message via AIM to BL_RV0 Send a message via MSN to BL_RV0  
Old
  (#30)
lincpimp
Check out my huge box!

10.26.2008, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL_RV0 View Post
Fun. Linc you need to have a garage sale where everything is going very cheap!!
I will be soon. Then it will all go to ebay...