RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > Castle Creations

So my monster had a run in with......
Old
  (#1)
Natediggitydog
RC-Monster Stock

So my monster had a run in with...... - 02.26.2010, 06:00 PM

A can of Electra Clean (electric parts cleaner). Yes, the kind of stuff that can almost melt plastic, and naturally the protective coating on the MMM's board. Got a new esc case and tested it out on the work bench, looks to have survived my moment of lack-luster decision making.

However, now that means my MMM's open to the elements so to speak. I've read the thread about waterproofing the board with Plastic Dip or Corrosion X, but I'd like to hear any advice the fine folks at Castle may have on homemade protective measures. If such a thing exists. Knowing how busy Castle may be at this time, I don't want to wait a few weeks monster-less just to get it recoated.

Nate

Old
  (#2)
suicideneil
Old Skool

02.27.2010, 03:50 PM

I think you're treading a fine line on that being a warrenty void, but thats besides the point- corrosion X or someother fairly thin conformal waterproof coating would be fine to use- a few light coats on the underside of the PCB & on the top side, just mask off the heatsink.

Dont drive through any ponds though; I wouldnt do that with an un-touched MMM or any other esc for that matter..

Old
  (#3)
Natediggitydog
RC-Monster Stock

02.28.2010, 04:29 PM

Yea, I kind of accepted the fact it's probably going to cost me no matter what. I need to get a spare esc anyway for these moments, should help out.

Nate