RC-Monster Forums  
RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > Castle Creations

Old
  (#16)
Jabe
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

04.20.2009, 07:08 PM

Is there any specific spot in esc, where temperature should be checked?

Old
  (#17)
PDM
RC-Monster Stock

05.01.2009, 05:54 PM

Need some help.

I am running MMM and 2650Kv combo for racing my XB808. Until now I have been practicing on the track, trying to have everything working well for the first race that will be in a week time (among nitro, so far I am the only electric here).

I have 5 hours of run until now, and eveything have been going fine, until today when I noticed my ESC fan did not start for it self. After 10 minutes on the track it is stopped but if I blow on it that it will start, kind of lazy to start.

Is there anything I can do? I openned the ESC box to blow the fan and put some bearing oil, but it is not 100% right. When I turn the ESC on, sometimes the fan turns on and other it doesn't.

I feel I can not depend on it. I never know if it will work or not.

One other thing where I need help.

How do I take the back cover of the motor, out? The one on the front is quite easy, but the one on the back I was not able to take it out. Any trick?

Just a final note. When I openned the ESC I noticed it has a beautiful design, it is a pity it is inside that plastic box. Maybe Castle should think of changing the plastic box. Perhaps one where we could change the fan without the need of openning the plastic box.

Anyway congratulations to Castle for this very fine equipment. I am a Castle lover since two years ago when I tried my 1/10 Mamba Max for the first time.

Old
  (#18)
George16
Supermaxx

05.01.2009, 08:27 PM

Call Castle and let them know. You can also go to their website and get more info in opening the case.

Castle Neu 1520 on 6S LiPo Powered Gmaxx (Nitro Killer)
Predator with OS .21TM
Supermaxx with Mach .26
Revo with OS .18TZ
Kyosho ST-RR Conversion
Ofna CR with Tekin ESC/Motor (2)

Old
  (#19)
Maxxrickard
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

09.11.2009, 02:12 PM

i will built an FLM maxx and will use an CC MMM2000kv combo. whats the optimal gearing with that kind of truck?something to start with?18/68? i will use 4s lipo

Old
  (#20)
shaunjohnson
i pwn nitro

09.27.2009, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-revoRickard View Post
i will built an FLM maxx and will use an CC MMM2000kv combo. whats the optimal gearing with that kind of truck?something to start with?18/68? i will use 4s lipo
sounds about right, i run that with 6s lipo in a lighter truck (revo, and i think it's lighter)
but it mainly depends on your battery, make sure you have a good one!

E-revo 3.3 conversion, 249kv outrunner, 6s, MMM
the porthole from the noob world an here has been opened!! that's how i got in.
  Send a message via MSN to shaunjohnson  
Old
  (#21)
93firebird
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

08.16.2010, 10:07 PM

I am looking at a pair of Turnigy 5000mAh 40c continuous 2s lipos to power my genesis brushless truck. Are these lipos up to the task for the MMM v3 with 2200kv combo. I currently run a Max amps 6500 35c 4s but I think it has a bad cell, and I don't like where it is mounted in the truck.

Old
  (#22)
scarletboa
RC-Monster Aluminum

08.17.2010, 03:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93firebird View Post
I am looking at a pair of Turnigy 5000mAh 40c continuous 2s lipos to power my genesis brushless truck. Are these lipos up to the task for the MMM v3 with 2200kv combo. I currently run a Max amps 6500 35c 4s but I think it has a bad cell, and I don't like where it is mounted in the truck.
those batteries will be a HUUUUUUGE upgrade from those maxamps packs. they are most definitely up to the task.

if you want the best hobbycity lipos, try the 45c nano-tech packs. they have crazy punch and supposedly last longer. (more cycles)

They say a good mechanic only needs 2 tools - WD40 & Duct tape. If it moves, and its not supposed to, duct tape. If it doesn't move, and its supposed to, WD40.