RC-Monster Forums  
RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > T/E Maxx Parts

Old
  (#16)
sjcrss
Hyper 7 Erevo Center Diff

04.16.2006, 06:08 PM

they appear to be just aluminum...but who can tell....I agree with you....with that being so thin...it's prone to failing...here is a little history about how my Ultramaxxed gen II's failed......basicly it was from shifting from 1st to 2nd and back, while under power....and not letting off of the throttle.....this caused the failure in my case.......and that was on gears that had more pin surface contact......and with those appearing to be so thin in that area.....i see a problem ...since alot of the peeps run BL around here.

Last edited by sjcrss; 04.16.2006 at 06:10 PM.
  Send a message via MSN to sjcrss Send a message via Skype™ to sjcrss 
Old
  (#17)
squeeforever
RC-Monster Mod

04.16.2006, 06:18 PM

well id dont really see it being a problem for the single speed people though. with brushless you really dont need 1st gear anyway.
  Send a message via AIM to squeeforever  
Old
  (#18)
sjcrss

04.16.2006, 06:25 PM

True...very true.....I still run a 1st/2nd gear tranny....but most of the time I'm in second gear....but some time I'll drop int o1st when I'm doing some climbing and such.......but for the most part...it's in second.......I'm not saying anything bad about hte gears....just that the area I described appears to be weak even for a single gear application..by saying this the steel pins on the shift dog...still has to make contact with the 2nd speed gear....and it just looks weak that's all...i might be wrong......
Old
  (#19)
coolhandcountry
RC-Monster Mod

04.16.2006, 07:37 PM

The single speed won't mate up to the gears pictured. The coupler is different.

Peace!
Country
Help support the
Rc-Monster
Buy here

Old
  (#20)
sjcrss

04.16.2006, 07:44 PM

Thats true....the single speed conversion won't even match up to the gears...either mod the gear or the conversion adapter......
Old
  (#21)
squeeforever
RC-Monster Mod

04.16.2006, 07:54 PM

yea, it wouldnt take much though.
Old
  (#22)
microwebtech
RC-Monster Stock

04.16.2006, 08:46 PM

WOW, I'm flattered that RC4WD copied my UltraMaxxed Emaxx gears set (almost).
Yes I am the owner and the original designer and developer of the UltraMaxxed gear sets.
Due to circumstances beyond my control I no longer have the ability to produce gear sets.
I knew it was only a matter of time before they would tried to be copied and I commend RC4WD or whoever would come up to bat on a set of gears, I hope they hit a homerun.
I believe very few new products went thru the extensive design and testing that the UltraMaxxed gears went thru to bring them into Generation III.
There was a small issue with one set that was mentioned in a previous post about a shift pin gear wear problem. That was an isolated issue. It was something that I could have ignored but didn’t. That set of gears were fixed and it made me look ahead to further bullet proof my gears. Generation III were born.
My UltraMaxxed gears are being used all around the world and I have never had a complaint nor a set returned for any type of wear, breakage, etc. They are bullet proof.
A few things posted are not totally accurate. Concerning the Teflon Hard coat anodizing, it was tested and proved to have no lasting value. So that was abandoned. The original gear sets were run and tested with UE steel idler gears, wear was not an apparent problem as someone said wear was a concern, I was still looking ahead to build the best money can buy.
The whole idea was to build a set of gears that would eliminate all factors on wear, reliability, longevity and all out abuse of any kind, and be the best value. The development of my special alloy idler gears brought this gear set to a new level of strength, longevity and able to take any and all abuse. It was no longer recommended to run my gears with steel idlers when I now included a better compatible material. I set out to do my own research and development long before anyone else had the ballz to spend a penny on a new product that I saw the RC hobby needed once all the brush less motors started coming out.
The bottom line is I set out to develop and produce a product that never existed because I was tired of reading about all those plastic gears disintegrating, from speed runs or BL power. I did complete what I set out to do and it was fun while it lasted, but all good things come to an end. But it went beyond my widest dreams to produce the best gear set available. There are still a few well kept secrets on my production, that will keep them unique.
Apparently my GIII gears have a great reputation as being rare and the best made because I have found my gears on Ebay for over $350 a set.
Each set was hand inspected, test run and broken in by “me”. I had the final say on quality control. My gears were made in small batches by CNC machines, call me old fashion but I still found rejects and made sure every gear set worked before I would put it in the package. Mass production will bring down any production cost but it seems the time and quality effort I put into my gear production will never be duplicated. I made my gears right and supplied the whole package deal to do it once and forget about it.
Unless RC4WD sees and tests the gears against what I did, it will be ashamed to see all the failures. My gears will be copied but never duplicated. I guess it comes down to “you get what you pay for”.
I hope it all goes well for you but you still have allot to learn to try and equal the first the best and the strongest set of alloy gears ever made for the Emaxx.
My best regards and good luck,
Dan

Old
  (#23)
sjcrss

04.16.2006, 09:12 PM

Holy Cow, talk about writing a small book. It's great to see you on here Dan....
Old
  (#24)
microwebtech
RC-Monster Stock

04.16.2006, 09:16 PM

I just had to reply to what they say as "Imitation is the greatest form of flattery"
Dan

Old
  (#25)
sjcrss

04.16.2006, 09:20 PM

point well taken....kudos to you.....
Old
  (#26)
squeeforever
RC-Monster Mod

04.16.2006, 09:25 PM

question: how much were they new? i wasnt aware of them until we after they were out of production.
Old
  (#27)
microwebtech
RC-Monster Stock

04.16.2006, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeeforever
question: how much were they new? i wasnt aware of them until we after they were out of production.
The original generations were $160 shipped free and Paypal accepted,
The final GIII with alloy idler gears and grease still shipped free and Paypal as production costs went up the price went to $200 per set.
You can still see the website at www.ultramaxxed.com

Old
  (#28)
Gustav
RC-Monster Aluminum

04.16.2006, 09:50 PM

Hi Dan,could you tell us what alloy was used for the idlers? Or is it a secret?I guessed it was a high strength brass with some Fe content since they're weakly attracted to a magnet or an alumnium bronze alloy maybe.

Old
  (#29)
microwebtech
RC-Monster Stock

04.16.2006, 09:52 PM

All I can say is every time I look at the pictures of the RC4WD alum gear set all I see are flaws and a lack of engineering and just a few pieces of aluminum worth much less than the price they want. I am not jealous but again don't they care about what they are selling? Is their reputation not worth a few extra bucks. Now I know my gear sets will just increase in value as junk like this is made to be a substitute.
You are supposed to be sucked into the magic of aluminum gears for the Emaxx. Are you under their spell yet? I no longer have a gear set to offer and neither does RC4WD..........

Last edited by microwebtech; 04.16.2006 at 09:58 PM.

Old
  (#30)
microwebtech
RC-Monster Stock

04.16.2006, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustav
Hi Dan,could you tell us what alloy was used for the idlers? Or is it a secret?I guessed it was a high strength brass with some Fe content since they're weakly attracted to a magnet or an alumnium bronze alloy maybe.
If I remember correctly you did purchase a set from me and I thank you if you did.
Yes it is a secret alloy. And that is what made the whole gear set what it was and made it special.
The ultimate gear set made was UltraMaxxed GIII.
Dan