RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > Fastlane Machine

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old
  (#196)
Kcaz25
RC-Monster Titanium

03.30.2011, 12:24 PM

Cool man! I can't wait until you get some behind-the-wheel feedback. When you lift up with your hand on one wheel does the other side come up aswell? Does it move any? Mine moves slightly. I wonder if the wire is too stiff on mine. I'm not sure.

My Maxx has been at home for several months while I've been away at school. I can't wait to run it on the upcoming spring break. I still have to install the front sway bar.

-Zack

Old
  (#197)
ANGRY-ALIEN
RC-Monster Aluminum

03.30.2011, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcaz25 View Post
Cool man! I can't wait until you get some behind-the-wheel feedback. When you lift up with your hand on one wheel does the other side come up aswell? Does it move any? Mine moves slightly. I wonder if the wire is too stiff on mine. I'm not sure.

My Maxx has been at home for several months while I've been away at school. I can't wait to run it on the upcoming spring break. I still have to install the front sway bar.

-Zack
Hey Zack... the mechanics of the layout works well... but i think the bars are a little thin to make good influence with the heavy springs installed on the shocks...
for 1" of movement I make with one arm, I get about 1/4" of travel on the other... I am currently using 2.5mm and 2.7mm bars for now... I am going to do a search
for some 3mm or 3.5mm spring steel to see if the movement can be increased further...

Regarding your setup... I did try a similar orientation to yours, but i noticed that the angle of the bar did not allow for enough leverage... The bar had little movement...
Did you try to see what kind of movement you would get with the shocks off? I looked at a few setups from different makes and they all seem to have the same orientation,
perpendicular to the suspension arm...

I'll see if i can get the truck together this week for testing...

Alien

Old
  (#198)
Kcaz25
RC-Monster Titanium

03.30.2011, 02:26 PM

When comparing my setup to my cousins Losi 8t my bars actually have more influence. I can't remember if I've tested with the shocks off. Remember mine is attached to the lower arm. I'll have to get some better shots when I install the front as well. Long live the Maxx! Right? I love it. lol This has gotten me anxious to get my hands back on it.

Old
  (#199)
ANGRY-ALIEN
RC-Monster Aluminum

03.30.2011, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcaz25 View Post
When comparing my setup to my cousins Losi 8t my bars actually have more influence. I can't remember if I've tested with the shocks off. Remember mine is attached to the lower arm. I'll have to get some better shots when I install the front as well. Long live the Maxx! Right? I love it. lol This has gotten me anxious to get my hands back on it.
I see... I actually looked back at your post with bar installed... I am not sure why you are getting this problem then... btw, how thick is your sway bar?
looks beefier than mine... I am more likely needing something with that diameter...

Long live the MAXX in deed... I have seen recent posts on this forum that people are still investing in them... I have enjoyed this truck for so
many years and I am sure I will continue to...

Alien

Old
  (#200)
Maxxrickard
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

04.03.2011, 03:54 AM

Where can I buy a piece of CF? Can I cut and drill just like I don in a piece of wood or alu?

SWEDISH FLM MAXX 5s MMM2200

Old
  (#201)
ANGRY-ALIEN
RC-Monster Aluminum

04.03.2011, 01:13 PM

[/quote]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxxrickard View Post
Where can I buy a piece of CF? Can I cut and drill just like I don in a piece of wood or alu?
Carbon Fiber is available from numerous suppliers... I got mine from ebay...

The bits below are built specifically for carbon fiber:

"Milling cutter for carbon fiber"

"Solid Carbide Carbon Graphite Cutter"

Alien

Old
  (#202)
ANGRY-ALIEN
RC-Monster Aluminum

06.13.2012, 11:02 AM

Hmmmm... it's been some time since i last made an update to this thread...

well the truck still runs, but it's not as frisky as it use to be... the upper deck plate was broken and there is not a lot of strength anymore, so that has forced me to squeeze a little less on the throttle...

I will be making some changes/improvements with the chassis design soon... I will be adding a new steering servo (Airtronics 94780m 423 Oz) to coup with the weight and torque this thing puts
out... I'll be changing the 23mm hex stuff to 17s... Hong Nor Shafts and the some Dace 17mm adapters will be installed... I'll also be modifying RPM knuckles to facilitate 16mm bearings...

I guess I'll be posting up the rebuild soon enough...

Alien

Old
  (#203)
Kcaz25
RC-Monster Titanium

06.13.2012, 05:01 PM

I'm sorry to hear about the busted upper deck. I'm glad you are going to heavier stub axles !

Tell us more about this Hong Nor shafts!

-Zack

Old
  (#204)
gumleguf
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

05.23.2013, 04:25 AM

This is one of my favorite DIY projects ever(!) so I wanted to check if you have any updates on the truck?

Old
  (#205)
RC toy
Got Brushes? NOT

05.23.2013, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumleguf View Post
This is one of my favorite DIY projects ever(!) so I wanted to check if you have any updates on the truck?
So is mine! Looking forward to see the RPM updates and axles. One of the prettiest trucks out there Alien!
  Send a message via Skype™ to RC toy 
Old
  (#206)
ANGRY-ALIEN
RC-Monster Aluminum

05.23.2013, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumleguf View Post
Wow... That's a serious compliment coming from you sir... considering the projects you have had... Thanks!... well... the project is stalled for a little bit...
been gathering parts, so hopefully I can make the mods and updates in short order...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC toy View Post
So is mine! Looking forward to see the RPM updates and axles. One of the prettiest trucks out there Alien!
Thanks! .. The RPM mod worked to some extent... Two issues though... One - The RPMs though big and sturdy, did not have a enough meat for me to remove
and fit the 16mm bearings... Two - The truck is one fat beast... heavy and brutal... I saw a big challenge for the RPMs holding up under pressure... There was a
whole lot of movement/play with hub and it got real wobbly... I have moved on with another 'project' to fit OFNA knuckles... This requires me milling down and
rethreading the Pillow screws to fit into the arms... I got the parts, but no time to start it... Hmmm... I will make an update as soon as I can...

Thanks for the interest guys
Alien

Old
  (#207)
RC toy
Got Brushes? NOT

05.24.2013, 05:38 AM

I think I have seen an MBX6 hubs fit on en Emaxx. It involved serious modifications though...
  Send a message via Skype™ to RC toy 
Old
  (#208)
ANGRY-ALIEN
RC-Monster Aluminum

05.24.2013, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC toy View Post
I think I have seen an MBX6 hubs fit on en Emaxx. It involved serious modifications though...
It does require some work to have these pillows 'work' with the UE widetracks... My 'milling' method will include a file, a hand drill, a 2.5 mm allen key
and some serious patience ... I just need to get started...

Alien

Old
  (#209)
coolhandcountry
RC-Monster Mod

05.25.2013, 08:03 PM

What is left to do on this project now?

Peace!
Country
Help support the
Rc-Monster
Buy here

Old
  (#210)
WheelMan
Do Epic Sh!t

06.24.2013, 11:17 AM

Wow I can't believe I never found or came across this thread. I love builds with custom made parts! Well done man! Props to you for all your time and hard work in getting this thing built. I would love to see some fresh updates

-Travis

Adults are just kids, with money.
Common sense, is not so common.

Tags
cc 1520 1y, flm carbon fiber chassis, hacker c50 10xl, ofna spider, ue widetrac