RC-Monster Forums  
RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > Fastlane Machine

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old
  (#61)
ANGRY-ALIEN
RC-Monster Aluminum
 
ANGRY-ALIEN's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 809
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: JAMAICA
11.26.2009, 09:35 AM

It weighs a ton!!! no... just kidding... it's around 11Lbs with the 16 Nihms I'm testing on (the carbon fiber helped to get the weight down a lot)... 10lbs (or less)
with my friend's polyquest (2s and 3s 6000mha)... vids will be made this weekend (I hope), and some photos... been wanting to do some comparison shots with
a friend's G4 chassis (sick little truck).
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#62)
suicideneil
Old Skool
 
suicideneil's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 7,494
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Devon, England
11.26.2009, 05:42 PM

Almost sounds a bit undegeared (hot motor, cooler esc), glad it performs well though.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#63)
ANGRY-ALIEN
RC-Monster Aluminum
 
ANGRY-ALIEN's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 809
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: JAMAICA
11.26.2009, 05:55 PM

Hi Neil, you got a point there... I have 14 and 15 tooth pinions too.... I'll Throw them on and see what kind of results I get... Are those motor temps really too high though?
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#64)
suicideneil
Old Skool
 
suicideneil's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 7,494
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Devon, England
11.27.2009, 01:07 PM

Nah, 180 is the max, so if it tops out at about 150 or so & stays there you're fine really. Same goes for the esc too pretty much- ideal temp is about 110-130, though it'll happily operate at higher temps upto about 180+, though obviously thats far from than optimum.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#65)
ANGRY-ALIEN
RC-Monster Aluminum
 
ANGRY-ALIEN's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 809
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: JAMAICA
11.27.2009, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suicideneil View Post
Nah, 180 is the max, so if it tops out at about 150 or so & stays there you're fine really. Same goes for the esc too pretty much- ideal temp is about 110-130, though it'll happily operate at higher temps upto about 180+, though obviously thats far from than optimum.
Great! thanks Neil
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#66)
ANGRY-ALIEN
RC-Monster Aluminum
 
ANGRY-ALIEN's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 809
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: JAMAICA
11.30.2009, 10:32 PM

Some updates:

Took the the truck out on Saturday to see how things would hold together... hmmmm... how should I put this... well... to keep it simple... this thing has got some serious POWER!!!!!! ...
Powered with 5s and 13/51 gearing... acceleration and traction was good even on the some slippery rocky surfaces (even through potholes)...rolling wheelies became a little annoying .
The fun end though when i melted the nylon spur gear.... photos Below.

So needless to say, I had to swap out the damaged spur for the metal one again... I also geared up a little with a 14t pinion... drove out to a vacant parking and bashed the hell of it
with my friend's G4 maxx... the truck pulled well, even passing the G4 maxx (powered with cc 2200 on 5s) on straights... Did some comparison shots of both chassis (below)... also managed
to get some vids done too (not the best quality)... Oh, I also compared weight... the truck turned out to be 'much' lighter than the G4 chassis... hmmm... who knew...

Now fun aside... temps... the motor got up 243 f after 15 or 20 mins of full throttle... Is this attributed to the CD unloading (which it did a lot)... or is it just a case of the truck being under geared?
The ESC did pretty well and stayed within the 130-140 f range.


























A few short vids... sorry about the quality... I'll get better ones soon. the runs were done on badlands... hmm... lots of ballooning! I also realised they're not the best choice on asphalt...
the walls of the tyre won't stand up to hard cornering...




Last edited by ANGRY-ALIEN; 12.01.2009 at 12:35 AM.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#67)
pinkpanda3310
RC-Monster Titanium
 
pinkpanda3310's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 1,152
Join Date: Sep 2008
12.01.2009, 07:11 AM

AWESOME. That zipped around good even with the badlands. Thanks for the update.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#68)
Kcaz25
RC-Monster Titanium
 
Kcaz25's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 1,419
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Louisville, KY
12.01.2009, 08:48 AM

WOW Longer, lighter, prettier, better than the G4! WOW those are some hot temps on that motor! I don't see the Hacker lasting many more visits over 180. It'll soon see a short demise. Time to step up to a CC/Neu me thinks. 1518 1800KV gets my vote! Diffiently going to need a motor support. With the rolling wheels and such I don't see how you you say the BAD temps were due to CD unloading. I imagine the directness of the CD is rough on a motor though. Have you thought of getting a slipperential?

When weighing did you account for the G4 having all 8 shocks?

Badlands suck a hard cornering on any surface. I'm in search of a substitute. I really like Flo's tires at the moment.

I love your truck! Will we see Lipo after Christmas?

Zack

Edit: P.S. @ the spur: Too much power?

Last edited by Kcaz25; 12.01.2009 at 08:54 AM.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#69)
suicideneil
Old Skool
 
suicideneil's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 7,494
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Devon, England
12.01.2009, 11:36 AM

Ditto on all that- looks beautiful and handles well compared to my Gmaxx!
The motor is probably on its way out already by the sounds of it- ccneu 1518 would be a beaut on 16-18 nimhs or 5-6s lipo (5s to let the esc breath maybe...)- order it now while oits still pn sale- ~$157 dollars + shipping is a bargain, wont see that kind of deal very often.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#70)
ANGRY-ALIEN
RC-Monster Aluminum
 
ANGRY-ALIEN's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 809
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: JAMAICA
12.01.2009, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpanda3310 View Post
AWESOME. That zipped around good even with the badlands. Thanks for the update.

Cool... yep, it did go across the lot pretty quickly.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcaz25 View Post
WOW Longer, lighter, prettier, better than the G4! WOW those are some hot temps on that motor! I don't see the Hacker lasting many more visits over 180. It'll soon see a short demise. Time to step up to a CC/Neu me thinks. 1518 1800KV gets my vote! Diffiently going to need a motor support. With the rolling wheels and such I don't see how you you say the BAD temps were due to CD unloading. I imagine the directness of the CD is rough on a motor though. Have you thought of getting a slipperential?

When weighing did you account for the G4 having all 8 shocks?

Badlands suck a hard cornering on any surface. I'm in search of a substitute. I really like Flo's tires at the moment.

I love your truck! Will we see Lipo after Christmas?

Zack

Edit: P.S. @ the spur: Too much power?

Hey Zack, I see your point... I was really hoping changing the motor again wouldn't be the fix (my friend here is going to annoy me with 'I told you SOs')... The 1518 does sound attractive, but if I get it, I would have to put off my lipos buys for now... I'll think about it today...

thanks man.

And yes... I guess there was a little too much power for that spur

Quote:
Originally Posted by suicideneil View Post
Ditto on all that- looks beautiful and handles well compared to my Gmaxx!
The motor is probably on its way out already by the sounds of it- ccneu 1518 would be a beaut on 16-18 nimhs or 5-6s lipo (5s to let the esc breath maybe...)- order it now while oits still pn sale- ~$157 dollars + shipping is a bargain, wont see that kind of deal very often.

Yeah... it sounds that way ... I'm on the site now contemplating the buy... $157 does sound like a good deal... thanks for the advice man.

Alien
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#71)
ANGRY-ALIEN
RC-Monster Aluminum
 
ANGRY-ALIEN's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 809
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: JAMAICA
12.01.2009, 09:36 PM

Hey guys... did anyone receive their cc 1518s yet... and if they did, what are their first impressions? I am still undecided about the purchase.

Alien
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#72)
ANGRY-ALIEN
RC-Monster Aluminum
 
ANGRY-ALIEN's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 809
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: JAMAICA
12.21.2009, 03:19 PM

Hi guys... the Hacker is dead!!!! ... I took the truck with me to the mountains for a little fun, but it was short lived... I noticed fluctuations with the power during WOT runs...
I first thought the esc had stated experiencing thermals again, so I stopped to check the temps and found that the motor had reached 390 ... the esc was floating around 130
(relatively cool to the touch)... after an hour or so of 'cooling', I opened motor and saw that some of the varnish coating from the copper had melted and fused on to the magnet.

Needless to say, I was disappointed... but that too was short lived when I received confirmation that my CC 1520 was shipped ... got it today in hand in
fact and all I can say is, IT'S HUGE ... I love the build quality on this thing... a very clean and tight design. I'll update with photos later.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#73)
ANGRY-ALIEN
RC-Monster Aluminum
 
ANGRY-ALIEN's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 809
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: JAMAICA
12.26.2009, 03:35 PM

Pics of the new CC 1520 (1600 kv):





feigao 8xl, hacker C50 10xl (dead) and the CC 1520

















Looking at the current design of the CD, I am not sure it will hold this new motor well... So, it's now redesigned to facilitate this beast.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#74)
suicideneil
Old Skool
 
suicideneil's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 7,494
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Devon, England
12.27.2009, 01:17 PM

Yeah, does look like the rear of the motor is drooping a bit- its a long old thing for sure

Still have a strange desire to impregnate that truck though, just so beautiful to look at...
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#75)
ANGRY-ALIEN
RC-Monster Aluminum
 
ANGRY-ALIEN's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 809
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: JAMAICA
12.27.2009, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suicideneil View Post
Yeah, does look like the rear of the motor is drooping a bit- its a long old thing for sure

Still have a strange desire to impregnate that truck though, just so beautiful to look at...
That is strange... The droop was actually cause by the screws not being tighten enough... I had the motor on there to see how much space was left to mount the ESC...
I think the best option now is to mount it horizontally.
   
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cc 1520 1y, flm carbon fiber chassis, hacker c50 10xl, ofna spider, ue widetrac


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump



RC Monster




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com