RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > RC-Monster Area > General Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old
  (#16)
Blazerss
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

01.13.2013, 08:47 PM

I like the direction this thread is going. I've seen a few Typhoons around here and there and have always liked them. I have always said that one day I will have a syclone to go along with my blazer.

Old
  (#17)
Semi Pro
RC-Monster Titanium

01.13.2013, 09:08 PM

my Daily

2006 Mazdaspeed6
mazdaspeeed cai,speedy turbo inlet pipe,hks bov,SU standback,egr block off,SU high preasure pump dropped 4 inches on megan springs with tokiko shocks
i hasnt been dynoed yet but it spins all four off the line and breaks lose in second

my ride

2004 Buell Firebolt XB12R
adjustable clutch,buell racing header,buell racing ECU,Buell racing muffler and k&N filter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semi Pro View Post
......maybe they want to be more like novak
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianG View Post
I'm telling Patrick you said that!

Last edited by Semi Pro; 01.13.2013 at 09:25 PM. Reason: because i can!

Old
  (#18)
mac3194
RC JUNKIE!!!!

01.13.2013, 10:06 PM

sold all the rc to get this... Cobalt SS/Supercharged aka Slobalt

Now i need to find some money to get back in to my old addiction :/

I like to go HIGH with my RCs!!!

Old
  (#19)
lincpimp
Check out my huge box!

01.14.2013, 04:20 PM

My current daily driver is a 98 Camry. Kinda sad for me, as the last few have been supercharged v8 ford products. But I am not sad as I have 300 bucks in the car total. And I use it to drive to work. I will get a pic up, the car looks like new.

My toy right now is a 99 Honda CBR1100xx, or Blackbird. Nice bike, have it setup as a semi sport tourer, soft bags and a tank bag for utility. Still needs a few decals as I painted it last year.

I am not a huge fan of having alot of dough tied up in cars, as I have other hobbies that suck up the cash.

Old
  (#20)
whitrzac
Can't catch this...

01.14.2013, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _paralyzed_ View Post
!
A few weeks back I was in a shopko parking lot when a 20-something chick pulled into a handicap parking spot in a dodge magnum.

I was about to say something nasty when the roof rack/enclosure thing split open and dropped a wheelchair next to her.

We talked for a few min and went our separate ways. I've never seen anything like that before...

Mommy van
Old
  (#21)
JERRY2KONE
JERRY2KONE SUPERMAXX

Mommy van - 01.14.2013, 04:56 PM

Well on the same line as Harold I also drive a van for our daily ride. But we have a 2010 Chrysler Town & Country for hauling the family around, and the kids love the dual DVD tri screen setup for long trips. They don't make e'm the way they use to with real wood grane in the dash, but its still a very comfortable vehicle to drive. And the new 4.0 V-6 makes it sound like a hot rod when you tromp on the gas. It gets about 18-20 MPG, which really gobbles up the cash over here in Europe when gas/petrol costs about $7 to $9 a gallon depending on what country your driving through. A complete fill up runs us about $120 to $150. Plus it has those new dent proof panels all around, and I can tell you they work. Some moron hit my passenger side one night and tore his little Skoda up. I heard the contact and the sound of the body panel pop right back out leaving me with no damage at all. Not even a scratch after it was washed.

SUPERMAXX YOUR LIFE.

Old
  (#22)
lincpimp
Check out my huge box!

01.15.2013, 10:07 AM

Man Jerry, really showing your age with the "wood on the dash" comment... Pretty sure the mainstream US auto market killed off wood back in the 50s... I know that you may have been able to get real "tree wood" in a caddy or a lincoln after that, but just about everything had fake wood on the dash and doors from the 60s on.

Unless you own Rolls Royce, they still use real wood. And if you do own a rolls why are you slumming here? You should not even be talking to people like us, your status in the community is dropping as we speak. Just acknowledging Harold's existance knocks 20 point off...

Old
  (#23)
snellemin
2 KiloWatt RACER

01.15.2013, 11:41 AM

Weather permitting, my daily driver and weekend toy is one of my ebikes. Any other day it's my 2000 Toyota Camry. Still saves gas, barely anything goes wrong with it and it has a 5 speed manual. Seeing a 4 banger Camry burn rubber at the light is something you don't see everyday. When the stock clutch went out, I had it replaced with a Centerforce clutch. I just replaced the valve cover rubber seal and spark plug cables. I was surprised that they lasted 12 years.
Family vehicle is the 2006 Expedition. Best mpg was 22 going to Florida last November. It also gets used as a truck from time to time since all of the back seats fold flat against the floor. Last September I swapped out the stock intake with a K&N intake. Way smoother cruising speed and accelerating from 70->85mph is a lot faster now. Cruising speed is just as quiet as stock.

6 KiloWatt A123 Racer
GTP-Pletty Big Maxximum+RX8. GTP-C50-6L Hacker+RX8. CRT.5-Pro4+ZTW esc.
24s2p EVG SX 49.6mph Ebike.
18s4p Raptor 60mph Ebike. 11.5KW

Old
  (#24)
Thirdgen89GTA
You can sleep in a car, but you can't race a house

01.15.2013, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac3194 View Post
sold all the rc to get this... Cobalt SS/Supercharged aka Slobalt

Now i need to find some money to get back in to my old addiction :/
The Cobalt SS's are decently fast actually. The SC versions are in the 14's all day long and can run high 13's when driven well. The TC versions will run bottom 13's.

Thats decently quick for a sport compact FWD car. The 2008+ Cobalt SS/TC actually held the record for fastest sport compact on the Nurburgring for a while. Might not hold it anymore though.

• 1989 Pontiac TransAm GTA, 5.7L LT1/M6 400rwhp+
    • Jammin X1 CRT Pro, MMM/1717, 6S
    • Hyper One Seven 1/7th scale GT car, MMM/1717, 6S
    • Hyper 10TT, MMP/1410, 3S
    • TL Mini 8ight, stock, 2S

Last edited by Thirdgen89GTA; 01.15.2013 at 11:50 AM.
  Send a message via AIM to Thirdgen89GTA  
Old
  (#25)
Overdriven
Destroyer of Tires

01.15.2013, 08:17 PM

Seeing your Trans Am makes me miss my 1985 Firebird. Was my first car and I still want one again, mostly to turn into a track day kind of car. My daily is 2006 Toyota Tacoma X-Runner. Its a 4.0 V6 236hp with 6spd manual for those that are curious. Bone stock and decently quick, handles great for a truck. I've been tempted many times to modify it, but my $ is being spent on the next car in this post.

This is my baby, 1967 Camaro. Started as a 6cyl Powerglide car, now has a mild 350 with a 350 trans that I can't wait to ditch for 5 or 6spd with a clutch. A few more rc items might have to go to make it happen sooner.
How she looked 2 years ago when I got her

Things quickly progressed to a total teardown. New floors, new outer rockers, new rear full quarters, new outer wheelwells, new cowl, new dash top, new door skins, all done by me. Thankfully not all with that Harbor Frieght welder, I upgraded to a Miller 211 shortly after this pic was taken. Yes I made the dolly the car is sitting on.

And how she sits now. Metal work basically done excpet for a couple patches around the windshield but otherwise ready for fenders and bodywork. Suspension is completely rebuilt, engine and trans are in, still need all new plumbing, wiring and interior though. Pic was taken during a short stay at fathers garage before coming to our new home.

Her new home

Pushed out to replace the clutch on the daily driver

LST XXL MMM 1717 Custom Fabbed Conversion

Last edited by Overdriven; 01.15.2013 at 08:39 PM.

Old
  (#26)
snellemin
2 KiloWatt RACER

01.15.2013, 09:42 PM

That x-runner is sweet.

6 KiloWatt A123 Racer
GTP-Pletty Big Maxximum+RX8. GTP-C50-6L Hacker+RX8. CRT.5-Pro4+ZTW esc.
24s2p EVG SX 49.6mph Ebike.
18s4p Raptor 60mph Ebike. 11.5KW

Old
  (#27)
Thirdgen89GTA
You can sleep in a car, but you can't race a house

01.15.2013, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overdriven View Post
I hate you because you have a garage and I do not.

• 1989 Pontiac TransAm GTA, 5.7L LT1/M6 400rwhp+
    • Jammin X1 CRT Pro, MMM/1717, 6S
    • Hyper One Seven 1/7th scale GT car, MMM/1717, 6S
    • Hyper 10TT, MMP/1410, 3S
    • TL Mini 8ight, stock, 2S
  Send a message via AIM to Thirdgen89GTA  
Old
  (#28)
Overdriven
Destroyer of Tires

01.15.2013, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snellemin View Post
That x-runner is sweet.
Thanks. It's a fun little truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirdgen89GTA View Post
I hate you because you have a garage and I do not.
If it helps I need to dig a trench 3ft deep and 30ft long and bury $150 worth of wire to get electric to it. Actually haven't touched the Camaro in a year since I bought the house. Hopefully I'll get enough done on the house this year that I can spend some time in the garage over the winter.

Leaning
Old
  (#29)
JERRY2KONE
JERRY2KONE SUPERMAXX

Leaning - 01.16.2013, 12:59 AM

The camaro looks like a fun project. My wife wants me to find her a 68. And if the house looks anything like the garage you must have a lot of renovation to do. Is it just the picture or is your new garage leaning to the left looking like it may fall down at any moment? It's always nice to have your own garage but that looks a little unsettling to me. Nice work on the car.

SUPERMAXX YOUR LIFE.

Old
  (#30)
Overdriven
Destroyer of Tires

01.16.2013, 08:00 AM

Wow the pic makes the garage door opening look weird on both sides, left is more noticeable. Garage is worse than the house, but it's not leaning, just needs electric, paint and new roofing shingles in a few years.