RC-Monster Forums  
RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > Castle Creations

Old
  (#16)
Jony Nitro
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

03.17.2014, 02:37 PM

Hi Guys just tried to go through the send in a Non Warranty Mamba max Pro, from the page it then sent me to says paypal, did that logged in to paypal, then phoned my bank as the payment never went through? any body tell me please, thanks

D8T Brushless
Brushless Baja
SC10 Neu Power

Old
  (#17)
whitrzac
Can't catch this...

03.18.2014, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Porfert View Post
Proof: Neon yellow cased Mamba Max.

Thomas Porfert
Tech Support
Castle Creations

Non working prototype? There's no caps on it...

Why did you move away from having a USB port on the ESC? I've lost so many castle links over the years.

Old
  (#18)
Arct1k
RC-Monster Mod

03.18.2014, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jony Nitro View Post
Hi Guys just tried to go through the send in a Non Warranty Mamba max Pro, from the page it then sent me to says paypal, did that logged in to paypal, then phoned my bank as the payment never went through? any body tell me please, thanks
I don't think they take payment until they rx the item and assess it.

Old
  (#19)
Thomas Porfert
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

03.19.2014, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitrzac View Post
Non working prototype? There's no caps on it...

Why did you move away from having a USB port on the ESC? I've lost so many castle links over the years.
More expensive to build.
A lot of people hated it because they couldn't hook up the USB cable when it was mounted on the chassis and had to remove the ESC to connect it to the computer. (Present company included)
Nearly impossible to make it waterproof with the USB port.
Difficult to get the driver to work on 64-bit operating systems.

The last reason was the biggest problem. The engineers just couldn't quite get the Castle made driver to work on 64-bit operating systems and it wouldn't work with the Human Interface Device (HID) driver that we currently use on Castle Link adapter.

I understand completely about losing the Castle Link adapters. My desk here at work and my tool box have swallowed up countless adapters over the years. I have started using the Field Programming Card the last few years and love it. I rarely use it to actually program the ESC as a standalone unit. But it's larger than a credit card and bright yellow, so it's a lot harder to misplace.

Thomas Porfert
Tech Support
Castle Creations

Old
  (#20)
whitrzac
Can't catch this...

03.19.2014, 03:18 PM

Quote:
More expensive to build.
A lot of people hated it because they couldn't hook up the USB cable when it was mounted on the chassis and had to remove the ESC to connect it to the computer. (Present company included)
Nearly impossible to make it waterproof with the USB port.
Difficult to get the driver to work on 64-bit operating systems.

The last reason was the biggest problem. The engineers just couldn't quite get the Castle made driver to work on 64-bit operating systems and it wouldn't work with the Human Interface Device (HID) driver that we currently use on Castle Link adapter.

I understand completely about losing the Castle Link adapters. My desk here at work and my tool box have swallowed up countless adapters over the years. I have started using the Field Programming Card the last few years and love it. I rarely use it to actually program the ESC as a standalone unit. But it's larger than a credit card and bright yellow, so it's a lot harder to misplace.

Thomas Porfert
Tech Support
Castle Creations
Makes sense... The CClinks were harder to lose when they had a 10in servo lead on them

I could never justify the programing card, my laptop goes everywhere with me

So when is the MMp^2 coming out? I heard the MMP was out of memory a loooong time ago... And it won't do high timing motors, forcing me to run the 'other' company's esc

The PC connection port on the new white ESCs is nice
A stronger BEC would be nice, something epic, like the CC bec...

Old
  (#21)
Thomas Porfert
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

03.19.2014, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitrzac View Post
Makes sense... The CClinks were harder to lose when they had a 10in servo lead on them

I could never justify the programing card, my laptop goes everywhere with me

So when is the MMp^2 coming out? I heard the MMP was out of memory a loooong time ago... And it won't do high timing motors, forcing me to run the 'other' company's esc

The PC connection port on the new white ESCs is nice
A stronger BEC would be nice, something epic, like the CC bec...
Now you know I can't speak about any new products that may or may not be in development. But it would make sense for us to redevelop the Mamba Max Pro and pack in some of the newer bells and whistles. IE data logging, waterproof, bigger BEC, sensor port moved to the top, removable receiver wire. We have been listening to customer suggestions and taking notes over the last few years. The above list seems to come up the most consistently when people are looking for upgraded features for a Mamba Max Pro and Mamba Monster..

The Mamba Max Pro was pretty innovative for its day and has served us well over the past 5 years. But as with all things, particularly electronics, there are innovations and changes that occur that require continual updates to a product to keep it competitive and innovative. So it only makes sense for us to come out with updated car controllers, but only time will tell.

If we were to redesign the Mamba Max Pro and Mamba Monster, are there any features you would like to see incorporated that could make or break your decision to buy one?

Thomas Porfert
Tech Support
Castle Creations

Last edited by Thomas Porfert; 03.19.2014 at 04:07 PM.

Old
  (#22)
BrianG
RC-Monster Admin

03.19.2014, 04:14 PM

Have the monster with sensor ports. Sensorless is smooth for the most part, but TBH, sensored operation during starts/low speed and braking is even more so. And while we're at it, create an optional add-on endbell which would contain sensors which could be attached to the current motor line.

I liked how the MMPro had sensor ability with fallback to sensorless if the wires were broken or whatever.
  Send a message via Yahoo to BrianG Send a message via MSN to BrianG  
Old
  (#23)
whitrzac
Can't catch this...

03.19.2014, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Now you know I can't speak about any new products that may or may not be in development. But it would make sense for us to redevelop the Mamba Max Pro and pack in some of the newer bells and whistles. IE data logging, waterproof, bigger BEC, sensor port moved to the top, removable receiver wire. We have been listening to customer suggestions and taking notes over the last few years. The above list seems to come up the most consistently when people are looking for upgraded features for a Mamba Max Pro and Mamba Monster..
Thomas Porfert
Tech Support
Castle Creations
Has it been 5 years? I remember buying mine at Ihobby when they were first announced

It MUST be durable. My MMPs have been through hell and back and they still work. I have one that's been plugged in backwards twice(that was a bad day) and one that's had the BEC/parts blown OFF the board, they still work.

I stopped using tekins, novaks, etc because they had the bad habit of dying at the worst possible times, even though they are 'faster' on the track.

Ability to run 70*+ static timing motors. Tamiya TCS went to 21.5 this year. The fastest motor is revtech with ~78* of static timing.

Wants:

Removable fan would be nice. Make 2 versions? one with heatsink/fan, one with smaller heatsink/no fan(same internals). Even if they are the same price...

If your adding dataloging make sure it can do current, and add an extra port for a temp/RPM/etc sensor/2.

Solder posts or a way to change the wires

'link' jack on the esc.

Keep whatever sensor jack your using. It's the only one I've seen that the cable doesn't back out on.

External "fan" jack with adjustable output. So I can run fans at 8-10v when running 6s.

Custom startup tones?

Last edited by whitrzac; 03.19.2014 at 04:20 PM.

Old
  (#24)
whitrzac
Can't catch this...

03.19.2014, 04:24 PM

Most importantly, SOON...

I want to put Castle on the podium of the next local TCS race in febuary.

Old
  (#25)
Jony Nitro
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

06.26.2014, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arct1k View Post
I don't think they take payment until they rx the item and assess it.
Bump old thread still got this to send in, I now need a spare so it's for out of warranty replacement! So I don't pay straight away just send it in??

Thanks

D8T Brushless
Brushless Baja
SC10 Neu Power