RC-Monster Forums  
RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > Unlimited Engineering

Will UE Ti 8mm Axles fit on UE Ti 6mm Shafts?
Old
  (#1)
Chadworkz
UE Supermaxx Addict!

Question Will UE Ti 8mm Axles fit on UE Ti 6mm Shafts? - 09.16.2009, 10:14 AM

I have a like-new set of UE Ti 6mm CVDs (with Ti shafts [bones] and steel 6mm axles) and I also have a 16mm Racer-X Pro kit, so I was wondering if I buy a set of UE Ti 8mm axles, will they fit on the Ti shafts (bones) of my UE Ti 6mm CVDs? Basically, if they fit, I will have a full UE Ti 8mm CVD set!

Any help you guys can provide will be greatly appreciated!

-Chad
PM ME IF YOU HAVE THE BELOW:
VBS, CVDs, GM Single-Speed, OTB, Ultramaxxed, Super6, Strobe, Sprong, CNR Brake, UE Hex, DUH Towers, Predator, Blackbird, GA Blue Screws, HCR F/R Skids & Mutant
  Send a message via AIM to Chadworkz  
Old
  (#2)
Rivermaxx
RC-Monster Aluminum

09.16.2009, 12:51 PM

I dont see why they wont fit. Problem is where you going to find 8mm axles at. Ue is not going to make them anymore due to the price of titanium. Not to mention steel will last longer and are a bit stronger.

Old
  (#3)
Chadworkz
UE Supermaxx Addict!

09.16.2009, 04:16 PM

I know where to get the four I need, in NIP condition, so that's not a problem!

According to Robin, the 8mm Ti axles are actually stronger than the 6mm steel axles, while also being lighter, so strength shouldn't be a problem.

Plus, the SM (Gorillamaxx G2 Supermaxx) these are going on is built out of ALL brand-new and/or NIP parts, and will basically be an RTR shelf-queen getting limited use, with the only running being done on indoor carpet tracks and manicured grass.

But, just to let you guys know, my other SM is going to get bashed extremely hardcore, so that should make up for the "semi-shelf-queen" SM, heh!

-Chad
VBS, CVDs, GM Single-Speed, OTB, Ultramaxxed, Super6, Strobe, Sprong, CNR Brake, UE Hex, DUH Towers, Predator, Blackbird, GA Blue Screws, HCR F/R Skids & Mutant
Old
  (#4)
Rivermaxx
RC-Monster Aluminum

09.16.2009, 05:37 PM

Better ask him again I specifically recall him saying the steel are stronger and will definatly wear longer about 3 years ago. What other Supermaxx are you talking about?PICS?

Last edited by Rivermaxx; 09.16.2009 at 06:27 PM.

Old
  (#5)
Chadworkz
UE Supermaxx Addict!

09.16.2009, 06:45 PM

This is a snapshot directly from the UE website (read what is highlighted in green)...

And [here] is the link directly to the page on the UE website...

As for pics, I don't have any yet, because I haven't even started building the truck yet. In fact, the only parts I have for it are currently on my other Supermaxx (Knucklehead shock towers, Ultralites diff cases, GA 7075 bulkheads), but they will get replaced as soon as I find a nice VBS setup, and of course my Hardcore Racing Titanium Mutant Maxx truggy conversion chassis kit (with custom front kick-up and carbon-fiber top-plate) which I will convert to brushless. It will also be running full Racer-X suspension with real UE Set-Backs and real UE Hi-Impact single-shock a-arms. If I can find another 16mm Racer-X, cool, but if not, 15mm will be just fine with me, especially since 6mm UE CVDs are easier to find anyway. It is also going to get one of Mike's (RC-Monster Mike) new slipperential kits for the center-diff!

-Chad

Last edited by Chadworkz; 09.16.2009 at 07:06 PM. Reason: *** Just needed to add a few things ***
Old
  (#6)
George16
Supermaxx

09.16.2009, 09:03 PM

I got a VBS set with 8 spyders :):).

Castle Neu 1520 on 6S LiPo Powered Gmaxx (Nitro Killer)
Predator with OS .21TM
Supermaxx with Mach .26
Revo with OS .18TZ
Kyosho ST-RR Conversion
Ofna CR with Tekin ESC/Motor (2)

Old
  (#7)
Rivermaxx
RC-Monster Aluminum

09.16.2009, 09:07 PM

Of course 8mm ti is stronger than 6mm but compare apples to apples here, 8mm steel are stronger than 8mm titanium and 6mm steel are stronger than 6mm titanium. I heard (read) it straight from the horses mouth. You should do some research on that hardcore mutant chassis before you build it. They were known to handle terrible probably because of the short wheelbase and something with the gear ratio being way wrong its probably why that chassis was never really popular.
Hey lito can you wait till the ss check comes in lol.

Last edited by Rivermaxx; 09.16.2009 at 09:08 PM.

Old
  (#8)
Chadworkz
UE Supermaxx Addict!

09.17.2009, 01:22 AM

You asked this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivermaxx View Post
Not to mention steel will last longer and are a bit stronger.
I answered this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadworkz View Post
According to Robin, the 8mm Ti axles are actually stronger than the 6mm steel axles, while also being lighter, so strength shouldn't be a problem.
You said this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivermaxx View Post
Better ask him again I specifically recall him saying the steel are stronger and will definatly wear longer about 3 years ago.
Then I quoted from the website. I never intended for the comparison to be apples and apples. I wanted to run Ti 8mm Axles because they are stronger and lighter than steel 6mm axles, and you questioned that, so I proved it. It simply turned out that you were just thinking of something else.

Also, I have dibbs on that VBS!

-Chad
Old
  (#9)
Chadworkz
UE Supermaxx Addict!

09.17.2009, 02:40 AM

Oh yea, and the wheelbase off the Mutant Maxx chassis with set-backs is 1/8" longer than the wheelbase of my Gorillamaxx G2 chassis with UE Mono-Block and set-backs, so that seems pretty good. Plus, the chassis currently has a 62T spur on the center-diff, so I am sure I can gear it whatever I need to, to get the correct ratio for the brushless setup it will be running.

-Chad
Old
  (#10)
_paralyzed_
working on a brushless for my wheelchair.....

09.17.2009, 05:32 PM

The mutant maxx was stellar, aside from the gearing issue. Nitros were just overgeared so it died quickly. You may want to consider truggy diffs for your build to help with the gearing, I'd definitely run the speed calculator before purchasing anything. Super 8's are just more expensive and aren't any better than super 6's, and both are just rebadged ofnas. Yep. Truggy diffs.

It's "Dr. _paralyzed_" actually. Not like with a PhD, but Doctor like in Dr. Pepper.

Old
  (#11)
Rivermaxx
RC-Monster Aluminum

09.17.2009, 06:59 PM

That chassis came out well before the UE setbacks came out and obviously the longer wheelbase with setback definatly will make it better . Another example of improvement UE products has made to the industry. Harold he going to convert it too brushless so I dont think gearing should be a problem anymore. Wrong about the diffs though 8 spiders are definatly alot stronger than 6 spiders, Robin has done extensive testing with both and has gotten 6 spiders to fail where he has never had 8 spider fail at all. The 6 spiders are strong enough for the normal rc'er though. The severe abuse he put them through is really not normal but it did prove they can fail. He also did testing with the limited slip screw gear diffs ofna had/ has out and they fail rather quickly. Chad did you buy the vbs off lito?

Old
  (#12)
Chadworkz
UE Supermaxx Addict!

09.17.2009, 07:23 PM

Yea, the fact that the 8-spiders have two more spider gears really makes a difference, in strength, durability, and diff-oil options. Plus, the aluminum 3-piece design makes them a breeze to assemble, disassemble, service, and reassemble...while also removing any flex associated with the plastic cup of the 6-spiders. The 8-spiders really are stronger and better than the 6-spiders, but for 95% of people the 6-spiders are more than enough, I just happen to want/have the 8-spiders.

As a side-note, my 8-spiders are Ofnas, not UEs, so I have to find a set of UE outputs for them.

I have the dough for the VBS, I am just waiting on Lito to decide if he wants to sell it or not...he really isn't sure yet.

-Chad
Old
  (#13)
Rivermaxx
RC-Monster Aluminum

09.17.2009, 07:40 PM

You know he doesnt and if he does he probably will regret it. LOL

Old
  (#14)
Chadworkz
UE Supermaxx Addict!

09.17.2009, 07:54 PM

I know, heh!

-Chad
Old
  (#15)
George16
Supermaxx

09.17.2009, 09:00 PM

It's hard to make a decision since this is my last one. It has all the jounces (didn't install it though), titanium skids, bumpers everything with either 6 or 8 spyders.

Decisions, decisions.................

Castle Neu 1520 on 6S LiPo Powered Gmaxx (Nitro Killer)
Predator with OS .21TM
Supermaxx with Mach .26
Revo with OS .18TZ
Kyosho ST-RR Conversion
Ofna CR with Tekin ESC/Motor (2)

Tags
cvd, g-maxx, gorillamaxx, supermaxx, unlimited engineering