RC-Monster Forums  
RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > Unlimited Engineering

A couple questions about two different UE Parts...
Old
  (#1)
Chadworkz
UE Supermaxx Addict!

Question A couple questions about two different UE Parts... - 05.30.2010, 04:19 AM

[1] Does anyone actually have a set of UE WideTrack Aluminum Knuckles, or have a clue how many sets were even made? I have only seen a set on one truck, the other set are on the UE Website. I would LOVE to have a set. Here are a couple pics...

On the right, obviously...

Only time I have ever seen a set anywhere but in the UE Store...

--------------------------------------------------------------------

[2] Does anyone actually have a set of the original "thin" UE Hi-Impact A-Arms...the ones that are very thin? I have never seen a set as thin as the original ones in the real world...the only original thin ones I have ever seen are in the UE Store. All of the UE Hi-Impact A-Arms I have ever seen on real trucks, or have personally owned, have been about the same thickness as UE RacerX front-lower arms and/or UE RacerX rear-lower arms. Again, I would really like to have a set of the original "thin" Hi-Impact A-Arms. You can see how thin they are in the picture below, they are on the bottom...

In Order: Racer-X, EXT, Original Hi-Impact...

-Chad
PM ME IF YOU HAVE THE BELOW:
VBS, CVDs, GM Single-Speed, OTB, Ultramaxxed, Super6, Strobe, Sprong, CNR Brake, UE Hex, DUH Towers, Predator, Blackbird, GA Blue Screws, HCR F/R Skids & Mutant
  Send a message via AIM to Chadworkz  
Old
  (#2)
Chadworkz
UE Supermaxx Addict!

05.30.2010, 11:49 AM

Yea, I was afraid no one would have any or know much...it appears that these parts are extremely rare, maybe the most rare of the UE parts.

-Chad
VBS, CVDs, GM Single-Speed, OTB, Ultramaxxed, Super6, Strobe, Sprong, CNR Brake, UE Hex, DUH Towers, Predator, Blackbird, GA Blue Screws, HCR F/R Skids & Mutant
Old
  (#3)
ANGRY-ALIEN
RC-Monster Aluminum

05.30.2010, 12:02 PM

I was recently on the hunt for these knuckles as well... asked a few members here about it's availability... below are responses I received:

"Those widetrac knuckles are very rare and sadly they most likely cost more(~$200) than my whole set of ext suspension complete."

"they are very hard to find....i have been looking for these for 5 years....i have had every UE piece, this one took me the longest...the only other thing i have not had is a v1 slipperential
GOOD LUCK!!"

Alien

Old
  (#4)
Chadworkz
UE Supermaxx Addict!

05.30.2010, 07:20 PM

Crap!

-Chad
Old
  (#5)
George16
Supermaxx

05.30.2010, 07:33 PM

Other than for sentimental reason or just for the heck of owning a set, the widetrac knuckles are nothing but an aluminum version of the stock knuckles with bigger bearings. I'd rather have the racerx knuckles than those.

Castle Neu 1520 on 6S LiPo Powered Gmaxx (Nitro Killer)
Predator with OS .21TM
Supermaxx with Mach .26
Revo with OS .18TZ
Kyosho ST-RR Conversion
Ofna CR with Tekin ESC/Motor (2)

Old
  (#6)
ANGRY-ALIEN
RC-Monster Aluminum

05.30.2010, 07:45 PM

This is true... If you want to run bigger bearings, I am sure if you find a set of knuckles with enough meat on them, you can always mill out
the bearing seats to 15mm or 16mm and drop bigger bearings in. Another opting is to get some RPMs... I think they use 15mm bearings.

Alien

Old
  (#7)
JAILBIRD
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

05.30.2010, 08:12 PM

Given UE's reputation, there are probably so few sets of them because they weren't up to UE's performance standards.

-JB

Old
  (#8)
Chadworkz
UE Supermaxx Addict!

05.30.2010, 10:04 PM

Actually, the 7075-T6 UE Widetrack Knuckle is LIGHTER than the stock Traxxas plastic knuckle, so that is one major reason...and this data came straight from the UE website (the old site, the one that still has parts listed as in stock).

Another major reason is that they are just plain cool, and if you are a UE collector, they are a perfect addition to your collection...I want a set, badly!

And another reason is that they would finish off a UE truck built with the UE Widetrack Suspension.

Or, they would be the perfect addition to the ultimate LRM (Lite-Race Maxx, for those that don't know).

There are MANY reasons to find and buy them. I think there are so few of them out there because Robin ceased production on EVERYTHING shortly after starting production on the Widetrack Knuckles, so there just weren't that many made.

They DEFINITELY stand up to Robin's expectations, because Robin never lets anything out of the door if it doesn't meet his requirements, and we know a few of these were built and sold.

Now, any info in the thin Hi-Impacts?

-Chad
Old
  (#9)
Chadworkz
UE Supermaxx Addict!

05.30.2010, 10:19 PM

Found another set of UE Widetrack Knuckles...

-Chad

Last edited by Chadworkz; 05.30.2010 at 10:20 PM.
Old
  (#10)
George16
Supermaxx

05.31.2010, 12:18 AM

You need to give credit to the owners of the pictures you had been posting.

Anyway, the widetrac knuckles are are not as popular compared to the racerx and EXT knuckles. Your best friend Chris(cmckella) used to have a set which he sold to Kenny if I remember it right. Besides, LRM is nothing but a UE truck with a Dace Predator chassis with some UE parts but the suspension and arms are still stock traxxas parts. I don't have any reason to find and buy them because to me, they are inferior compared to the EXT and racerx. That's one of the main reasons why they're not as popular copared to the racerx and EXT.

But anyway, good luck finding them. You can pm Matt and ask him if he can sell you his set which is on the first picture you posted.

Castle Neu 1520 on 6S LiPo Powered Gmaxx (Nitro Killer)
Predator with OS .21TM
Supermaxx with Mach .26
Revo with OS .18TZ
Kyosho ST-RR Conversion
Ofna CR with Tekin ESC/Motor (2)

Old
  (#11)
Chadworkz
UE Supermaxx Addict!

05.31.2010, 12:52 AM

Well, not everyone has, or can afford, the EXT or RacerX suspensions, so they choose either the Widetrack or the stock suspension, and the UE Widetrack knuckles are perfect for them (EXT & Racer-X knuckles will not fit the Widetrack or stock suspension, as you know). And if you are building an LRM, or just want the lightest truck possible, the Widetrack Knuckles would be perfect since they are lighter than the stock plastic knuckles, much lighter than the RPM knuckles, and FAR lighter than any other stock-style aluminum knuckles.

Anyway, all I am saying is that they are cool, and it would also be cool to own a set...and I was asking if anyone had a set, or had ever seen a set. We all know the geometry of the EXT and Racer-X suspensions are far superior, but they are not even in the same category or league as the stock-type suspensions, so they should not even be brought up or especially compared.

Plus, I never said I was actively looking for a set, I just said I would love to have a set...if I run across a set, and I have the money, I will buy them, but I am not going out of my way to find a set.

Also, I don't know the owners of the pictures, or the trucks in the said pictures, I just found them on a Google Image Search & an eBay Search...I am sorry if posting those pictures hurt anyone's feelings.

Now, any info on the think Hi-Impact A-Arms?

-Chad
Old
  (#12)
sweetride4me
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

06.02.2010, 09:14 AM

I have a set of the original hi dual shock arms... all polished and pretty in my hobby room.

Will take a pic tonight against regular racer-x fronts....

Last edited by sweetride4me; 06.02.2010 at 09:16 AM.

Old
  (#13)
Chadworkz
UE Supermaxx Addict!

06.02.2010, 10:15 AM

Cool, thanks! Do you know how many of the "thin" Hi-Impacts were made?

-Chad
Old
  (#14)
sweetride4me
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

06.02.2010, 10:38 AM

No idea... just know it wasn't many. I also know of a set or two of widetrac knuckles as well..... not mine but a friends.

Old
  (#15)
sweetride4me
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

06.02.2010, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadworkz View Post
Well, not everyone has, or can afford, the EXT or RacerX suspensions, so they choose either the Widetrack or the stock suspension, and the UE Widetrack knuckles are perfect for them

Now to be a PIA here... I have seen 15mm sets of EXT go for under $200 in the last few months and I KNOW finding a set of widetrac knuckles will cost $200 or more easily.... unless you're the lucky one that just bought the "supermaxx" on ebay about a week ago for $225 with a set of widetrac arms and knuckles on it....

Tags
hi-impact, racer-x, supermaxx, ue sm, unlimited engineering