RC-Monster Forums  
RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > RC-Monster Area > General Discussion

Old
  (#16)
snellemin
2 KiloWatt RACER

06.05.2007, 12:25 PM

I must of hit 60+mph when that happend. And sinds they are stickier, you'll be able to hit the topend alot quicker. My rear setup was set to sqaud a bit on takeoff. No wheelie bar was needed with that setup.

notice the two springs in the rear

6 KiloWatt A123 Racer
GTP-Pletty Big Maxximum+RX8. GTP-C50-6L Hacker+RX8. CRT.5-Pro4+ZTW esc.
24s2p EVG SX 49.6mph Ebike.
18s4p Raptor 60mph Ebike. 11.5KW

Last edited by snellemin; 06.05.2007 at 12:32 PM.

Old
  (#17)
What's_nitro?
Soldermaster Extraordinaire

06.06.2007, 12:00 AM

I have a pair of Proline Powerstroke shocks in the rear which are dual-rate shocks as well. Although before I flipped the transmission around it would still wheelie sometimes. Not with the hard HPI's, I used to have a pair of Road Hawgs. Probably gonna buy them again; they were good tires. I'm curious, how much does your truck weigh with the stock chassis?

I am faster than Buzz Lightyear.

Old
  (#18)
snellemin
2 KiloWatt RACER

06.06.2007, 12:07 AM

I had never weight the old plastic setup. It's in pieces right now. It was lighter then FLM setup.

6 KiloWatt A123 Racer
GTP-Pletty Big Maxximum+RX8. GTP-C50-6L Hacker+RX8. CRT.5-Pro4+ZTW esc.
24s2p EVG SX 49.6mph Ebike.
18s4p Raptor 60mph Ebike. 11.5KW

Old
  (#19)
suicideneil
They've been naughty boys, havent they Mr. Flibble

06.07.2007, 05:32 PM

Oh me, oh my. I almost missed this thread- good job you put a link in your sig. That is a stunning piece of work- very simple layout and clean lines, and it works beautifully. Shame the Lipos arent a few inches shorter otherwise they would have layed down flat, but it still looks every inch the racer as it is. I love the inboard tranny too- very clever, didnt take too much to make it work like that I take it? I want a Rusty now.....
  Send a message via MSN to suicideneil  
Old
  (#20)
What's_nitro?

06.07.2007, 08:01 PM

Thanks man, I'm glad you like it! You are correct on the tranny. It didnt take lots of work, but you can't do it with the stock chassis. I did it first with this one from RCM-RC, which is where my upper chassis came from. The hardest part was actually figuring out how to bridge that gap between the tranny and the upper chassis. The bar is strong as heck and makes a great handle, too. I've had a few ppl say I should lay the LiPo's down, but I'd have to make another chassis and I don't really feel like it...after making the first one. The CG is low enough anyways, I don't think I could flip it if i tried. It has about 0.625" ground clearance in front and 0.75" in back. This puts most of the weight at or below the axles- where it should be.

Edit: With the RCM-RC chassis you will have to drill and countersink two more holes in the back of the chassis to flip the tranny around. And yes, come up with a way to bridge the new gap.

Last edited by What's_nitro?; 06.07.2007 at 08:06 PM.

Old
  (#21)
suicideneil

06.08.2007, 05:49 PM

Hmm, I like that RCM-RC chassis, very nice. But..... I prefer your one- just seems more like a small truck chassis, rather than a buggy type chassis. A question- I see there are 4 large holes in the rear for mounting the trannycase to, but what are the other 4/5 small holes for (one the RCM-RC chassis)? When I have financially recovered from building the Gmaxx I think I know what my next project will be- something a tad smaller & faster than the usual monsters I build. You Sir, are an inspiration, and I thank thee.
Old
  (#22)
What's_nitro?

06.11.2007, 12:35 AM

Neil I can't thank you enough for your appreciation. As far as the other holes in the RCM-RC chassis, they're for the standoffs that support the other half of the upper chassis, which I lopped off to make room, and also the battery hold-downs for the stock mounting location.

Old
  (#23)
suicideneil

06.11.2007, 11:47 AM

No problem. Sometimes you get used to seeing the same kind of 'conversions' or mods done to a truck, not that that doesnt make them cool in their own right, but sometimes you see something a bit different, and it makes you do a double-take. I dont suppose theres any chance of a vid?
Old
  (#24)
DickyT

06.11.2007, 12:05 PM

Very nice build! and quite ingenuitive (sp?).

I'd love to see a vid of it in action.

Old
  (#25)
suicideneil

06.11.2007, 12:23 PM

Ingenious I reckon. I am assuming there were no real problems with fitting the rear A-arms on backwards to the tranny, as it were. Also I forgot to ask- is it stock wheel base or extended, bearing in mind the tranny is reversed.
Old
  (#26)
DickyT

06.11.2007, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suicideneil
Ingenious I reckon.
That's the word I was looking for. Thanks. My brain just dosn't work like it used too. My wife blames age... I blame my "extra curricular" activities while in college. I'm only 34, it can't be age yet....

Old
  (#27)
What's_nitro?

06.11.2007, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Ingenious I reckon. I am assuming there were no real problems with fitting the rear A-arms on backwards to the tranny, as it were. Also I forgot to ask- is it stock wheel base or extended, bearing in mind the tranny is reversed.
The A-arms are, in fact, on forwards. The entire rear assembly is just flipped around. Normally the shocks are in front of the A-arms. The wheel base is extended due to the FLM front bulkhead by 5mm. Also as you recall I mentioned above that the RCM-RC chassis required you to drill two more holes behind the stock mount. My current design retains this feature which gives an additional extension of 20mm to the wheel base.

Old
  (#28)
What's_nitro?

06.11.2007, 10:45 PM

Quote:
No problem. Sometimes you get used to seeing the same kind of 'conversions' or mods done to a truck, not that that doesnt make them cool in their own right, but sometimes you see something a bit different, and it makes you do a double-take. I dont suppose theres any chance of a vid?
There is DEFINITELY a chance.

Old
  (#29)
What's_nitro?

06.11.2007, 11:55 PM

Oh btw I bough some new shoes too. Look here.

Old
  (#30)
t-maxxracer32
RC-Monster Brushless

06.12.2007, 12:32 AM

hahahaa nce!!! you wont have that problem again!