RC-Monster Forums  
RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > CORR Trucks - Slash, SCRT10, etc.

Old
  (#46)
mjderstine
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

03.14.2011, 04:20 PM

updates?

Old
  (#47)
mjderstine
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

03.25.2011, 07:46 PM

well, i thought i was gonna have video tongiht for you guys, but just after i got ready to turn the cam on, the rear revo drive shaft broke. it doesn't work so well with a center diff, and only front wheel drive.

here are pics of the carnage. its hard to tell, but there is melted plastic on the pins that were in the holes. it was also so hot, that when i touched it my finger actually sizzled. it is normal for that to be so hot??

do you think i need to upgrade to MIP shafts?

i guess revo shafts are designed for one wheel, not an entire axle assembly with a MMM 2650 attached to it.

in the first 10 minutes of running before it broke it was great, never got up to full speed in the place i ran it. the back end really say down at full throttle., it turned well off power in the grass, but would tumble if i put any power on the wheels. half throttle seems about right for the tight yard i was running in. about 50x100 feet.

proof that i actually ran it. sorry for no video, i know i have kept you all waiting a very long time.

Old
  (#48)
mjderstine
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

03.25.2011, 08:27 PM

i fibbed...

had an extra shaft. got a few minutes out of it before this one started melting too, but i kept checking. so i saved it. i'm also not getting power to all 4 wheels when i punch it. seems like it all goes to the front. does that mean i need thicker oil in the center diff.

right now i have 3K 7K 1K front to back.

i need custom length shafts though. thats the hard part.

my camera is a bit old. sorry for the low quality. that should be my next upgrade...

Old
  (#49)
Overdriven
Destroyer of Tires

03.25.2011, 08:52 PM

You might want to check for binding in the shaft at ride height. I know it might be hard to do but, the slider has to be the perfect length. If it's too long it'll put pressure on the universal joints, too short and the slider will fall apart. Also check the angles, too steep of an angle will pit pressure on it, although from the pics that looks like it should be fine.

Only things I can think of. Those shafts will wear. But typically the hole for the universal pins becomes egg shaped from the power. Getting hot and melting leads me to believe there's binding.

LST XXL MMM 1717 Custom Fabbed Conversion

Old
  (#50)
mjderstine
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

03.25.2011, 10:02 PM

at full compression, which is about what its doing at full go, its about 25-30 degrees. i will adjust the top links and see what that does with the speed. guess i could stock up on the shafts...

Old
  (#51)
mjderstine
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

05.23.2011, 05:53 PM

here are all the pics...

http://s63.photobucket.com/albums/h1.../MP%2075%20SC/