RC-Monster Forums  
RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > CORR Trucks - Slash, SCRT10, etc.

Boats to braun, bring on the the bush!!
Old
  (#1)
millzee
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

Boats to braun, bring on the the bush!! - 07.31.2012, 03:35 AM

I'm in, my head got the better of me, lol. It's odered a Losi 5iveT from the Hobbyman in Dandenong and they've told me it'll be here tomorrow so I'll need to clear a special space in the shed (behind the packed boats still for sale,lol).This big sucker will get flogged until the motor either dies or annoys me and then I'll do a little rebuid with a little carbon and aluminium in the right places and drop the XL2 with a 2028 in it and see how many lipo's I can make it hold before it get's too heavy, footage shows me that weight's not such an issue, keeping the wheels in contact with the surface can be another issue. I may in the future look into a neu 2225 960kv and a high voltage speedo but for a while it'll be castle.....and light's lol.

Old
  (#2)
Bondonutz
Fat Kid Engineering

07.31.2012, 11:03 AM

Great News for you Dan !

I retired from RC, now life is all about guns and long range shooting.

Old
  (#3)
millzee
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

07.31.2012, 11:16 AM

Thanks man, I got a little excited little girl again and posted up before I've got it for pics. I'll bash it about a bit before posting againg, that way my words will have a little experience behind them.
chat in a few days,lol.

Old
  (#4)
jathomas3
RC-Monster Stock

07.31.2012, 05:24 PM

Congrats on the new addition to the collection!! I look forward to hearing how you like that beast!!

Old
  (#5)
millzee
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

08.01.2012, 10:25 PM

santas been!!!!!!!! wow I feel alive today, it's too cold to mow the lawns, I'm off to get this dirty.

collection complete (for now)

Old
  (#6)
millzee
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

08.02.2012, 05:44 AM

wow it's fun to drive and handles well but I'm yet to let it rip to hard for too long as I'd like to run the engine in a tad before I kill it too quickly.

I remember driving my xxl with a LRP .30 in it for the first time and all I can say is.................it's nothing like driving one of these big suckers, the sound, smell and feeling is what I've been laking since going brushless. I can say from my experience from switching and coming back to a gasser is yes, brushless will always have much more punch than a nitro or gas but for god sake after driving this afternoon I realise why I've been running my chainsaws the way I do, I love it. RrrrnRrrn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
  (#7)
millzee
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

08.03.2012, 11:22 PM

I'm off this afternoon to an area of bushland that has a home made motocross track so I'll be busy tonight making another of these movies, I know it's long guy's but let it buffer up and make a coffee, it was a very fun re-intro back intro a gas/nitro 4x4. I realise it's only stock but it was still a lot of fun and tht's what I'm in this for,lol.

Old
  (#8)
pinkpanda3310
RC-Monster Titanium

08.04.2012, 09:05 AM

Wait for it to buffer?! My internet is not fast but it played right through!

HAHA your mate got some nads! 'That's some scary shiz' Looks like it jumps quite well, I never liked the way the 5b jumped. Thanks for the vid

Old
  (#9)
Bondonutz
Fat Kid Engineering

08.04.2012, 11:31 AM

Great video as always Danny, looks like your having mega fun flogging that thing.

Your mate with the camera has more balls than brains being in the line of fire of that behemoth flying through the air.

Old
  (#10)
magman
RC-Monster Dual Brushless

08.04.2012, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondonutz View Post
Great video as always Danny, looks like your having mega fun flogging that thing.

Your mate with the camera has more balls than brains being in the line of fire of that behemoth flying through the air.
+1 to that. Seeing that come at me like that would cause me to tighten the old cheeks for sure.

I actually drove a baja 5b a short time ago. If I was to get one of these I would keep it 2 stroke...at least at first. Hard to beat 30 mins of run-time /tank and the simplicity of just gas and go.

1. MBX-6 T8 1900KV, RX8 ON 4S
2. MBX-5T 1520, MMM ON 5S
3. MBX-5 ONROAD CONVERSION 1515, MMM ON 5S
4. MRX-3 ON ROAD CONVERSION 1512, MMM ON 6S
5. TEN T 2650 T8, MMP ON 3S

Old
  (#11)
millzee
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

08.04.2012, 12:55 PM

he'd had a few beers so balls and big talk was bigger than the truck, lol. I didn't get out today and it's raining now so tomorrow might be fun.
Thanks for the nice reply's guy's!!

Old
  (#12)
millzee
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

08.06.2012, 07:03 AM

geez, it doesn't stop. I've just been fitting a pipe and noticed a small break a hole in the flywheel cover and to my amazement found a small fin piece off the fly wheel and it lodged itself in under the black head cover between the two top cooling fins on the head, wow, no wonder they say to run it with the cover on in the book, it's to cover for less deaths or at least loss of eye sight when it fly's apart, damn, I guess I'll need to send another email, I'm really not the customer from hell, just one that was going to see how long it last as stock..............well, 2 tanks.

Old
  (#13)
Bondonutz
Fat Kid Engineering

08.06.2012, 07:27 AM

Givem' Hell Millz, you have every right to complain considering the expense and supposedly "Losi qaulity" that should be there.

Old
  (#14)
millzee
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

08.06.2012, 07:30 PM

Old
  (#15)
_paralyzed_
working on a brushless for my wheelchair.....

08.07.2012, 03:25 AM

I've seen the level of research and build quality you put into your r/c's by reading your boat for sale ads. I am watching this thread and can't wait to see what you turn this Losi beast into.

It's "Dr. _paralyzed_" actually. Not like with a PhD, but Doctor like in Dr. Pepper.