georgec
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

03.15.2010, 08:43 PM

2000kv Xerun by Hobbywing

Old
  (#17)
AMorgan

03.16.2010, 10:40 AM

I just keep looking at these photos... I almost have to build one now. I will probably get the chassis tomorrow then wait for Mike to get more kits in. I think this conversion will look awesome with a Tekin setup and some TP batts... I need to learn not to finish projects... I just end up wanting to build something new.

Old
  (#18)
georgec
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

03.16.2010, 07:31 PM

Mike really did hit the nail on the head with this kit! He set it up where you can run any of the current esc's or motors and almost any of the top selling batteries. I think the conversion with a few parts from the Vorza looks more like a factory made kit rather than a conversion and much more user friendly than many that are factory built.

Old
  (#19)
AMorgan

03.16.2010, 11:13 PM

Yeah, I looked at all the conversions available and the Vorza and decided the RCM kit was really what I wanted.

Old
  (#20)
georgec
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

03.21.2010, 04:12 PM

WOW what turnout for the first race of the season, there were well over 80 entries in all classes. There were 10 in the E buggy class that I ran in. The track was a completely new layout, very technical with one huge double that was about 12ft from top to top. My new setup took a little getting used to but wound up third in the main, not bad for her first run. Over all I was very happy with the way the buggy handled and with a few more tweaks and allot more practice I think I can start pulling off some wins. The next thing I will add will be Mikes Slipperential.

Old
  (#21)
armourbl

03.29.2010, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgec View Post
Mike really did hit the nail on the head with this kit! He set it up where you can run any of the current esc's or motors and almost any of the top selling batteries. I think the conversion with a few parts from the Vorza looks more like a factory made kit rather than a conversion and much more user friendly than many that are factory built.
What did you use from the Vorza?

ben

Old
  (#22)
georgec
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

03.29.2010, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by armourbl View Post
What did you use from the Vorza?

ben
Look at post #8 on this thread.

VE motor mount in a D8
Old
  (#23)
georgec
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

VE motor mount in a D8 - 04.24.2010, 06:49 PM

Just thought I would show the latest on my ever changing D8. I have been looking long and hard for a motor mount that was easier to change motors and set gear mesh and the only thing I could find was made by a small one man operation that only makes his product when and if he feels like it. That is until I stumbled across the Kyosho Inferno VE and found that the VE motor mount is almost a direct fit to my D8 (with no help from the Kyosho guys) anyway the VE mount fit the bill nicely. I also didnít want to spend 75 to 100 bucks for a motor mount like the custom made item or even the Kyosho mount, so I turned to the pull apart guys on ebay and found the entire center diff/motor mount for the VE there for $39.99 with screws and all! Hereís a couple of pics of the motor mount installed in my D8 with the slipperential in it.

Old
  (#24)
georgec
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

04.25.2010, 11:12 PM

I was going to add that it took 14 diff shims for the slipperential, 10 up front and 4 in the rear. That left a little play forward and aft.