RC-Monster Forums  
RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Questions and Answers > Pre Sales Questions

RCM Motor mounts, any changes since last year?
Old
  (#1)
Cain
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

RCM Motor mounts, any changes since last year? - 07.15.2010, 04:39 PM

have there been any material changes since last year or an option for a stiffer material mount? I really enjoyed my last RC Monster conversion for my RC8T, but I wouldn't mind a stiffer / thicker mount if its available, or, maybe on that can bolt down to the chassis on the outside instead of just free floating.

Old
  (#2)
simplechamp
RC-Monster Titanium

07.15.2010, 08:37 PM

The only change I know of is the motor attachment, Mike is supposed to be phasing his mounts over to the design used on his Ten-T mount, a few people have already received the new design.

Do you really need thicker or stronger material? I have only heard of very few cases of Mike's mounts ever bending, and those could probably be considered "freak accidents"

Caster Fusion F8T - Serpent 811Be - Jammin X2 carbon e-GT conversion - Axial SCX10

Old
  (#3)
Cain
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

07.16.2010, 09:40 AM

out of piece of mind, sure, I do. Especially if this is going into a truggy again with a truggy sized motor. Buggy probably not so much though since the motor is lighter.

I have heard of other mounts working with his conversion chassis, but I would like to keep it all RCM if possible.

Last edited by Cain; 07.16.2010 at 09:41 AM.

Old
  (#4)
RC-Monster Mike
Site Owner

07.18.2010, 12:44 AM

The Mugen, Losi and Kyosho motor mounts have been updated. Along with the new motor attachment setup, the motor mount area is slightly thicker with a radius'd cut at the transition(where it goes from full thickness down to the motor mount area) for added strength.
We almost never get bent motor mounts(we replace for 1/2 price if it happens), but every motor mount we make has been updated a few times over the years - some changes have been minor and others have been more significant. The RC8 mounts are getting the new style update right now, actually.

Old
  (#5)
bryan
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

07.18.2010, 10:35 PM

MUGGY MOUNT? ^^^ ETA?

Old
  (#6)
RC-Monster Mike
Site Owner

07.19.2010, 12:54 PM

It will be a while on the Muggy mounts, Bryan - the current Muggy mounts are 7075 Black anodized and plentiful(I do big batches when they get anodized to minimize the per-part cost of anodization) - the Muggy mounts won't be updated for some time.