RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > GorillaMaxx

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old
  (#16)
Klausen
Brushless G-maxx

02.25.2012, 01:33 AM

The Gmaxx section will be fine I guess. All us Maxx nerds visit here often anyway

Old
  (#17)
Blazerss
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

03.12.2012, 12:35 AM

Ok guys, I finally got 2 more 40 series mulchers. They are dirty as heck, so it will take me a while to get them looking new. I will try my best to get working on it though so you can see this thing sitting on rubber.

I know some of you seemed interested in my Hardcore builds so Im going to start with the Tmaxx Pro build. I suppose Im just going to post it in the general nitro section. Not much traffic there, but it seems to be the only place it will fit on this site so make sure and check it out if your interested.

Old
  (#18)
Blazerss
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

03.16.2012, 11:53 PM

Ok guys, I found another part I had been looking for, but need opinions on it. Its the Gmaxx single speed kit. I like it when its not on the truck, but it looks a little out of place IMO on the truck. It leaves a big open gap where the full 2 speed would sit. I also dont like how the shaft sticks so far out of the trans going to the front diff. It would look better with the trans mounted in the middle of the chassis braces and a short shaft coming out of the trans and then use a longer shaft to the front diff. Let me know what you guys think of it though.

PS. working on the tires this weekend : )

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Old
  (#19)
Kcaz25
RC-Monster Titanium

03.17.2012, 11:36 AM

Oh Most people my self included ran the tranny forward. I'll post pics in a little while.

And quite frankly with the motor back that far you'll have a poorly performing truck unless all you want is wheelies.

Last edited by Kcaz25; 03.17.2012 at 11:40 AM.

Old
  (#20)
Blazerss
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

03.17.2012, 09:07 PM

Yea I have seen the trans put all the way forward, only thing is Im trying to retain the Gmaxx stand alone motor mount. Truck wont be run, so doesn't really matter where the motor sits as far as trying to control wheelies.

Old
  (#21)
ANGRY-ALIEN
RC-Monster Aluminum

03.17.2012, 11:18 PM

You won't be running it?? hmmm... interesting...

Old
  (#22)
Kcaz25
RC-Monster Titanium

03.17.2012, 11:41 PM

Nevermind about the pics

Old
  (#23)
Blazerss
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

03.18.2012, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANGRY-ALIEN View Post
You won't be running it?? hmmm... interesting...
Yea I've gotten that from a few people. It's just going to be a show truck. I have built a truck to run, but have never even ran it. For me the fun is in the building not the playing. I do have a gmaxx chassis that I'm going to build to run, but I probably won't even run it once it's built. When I get the itch to run one I just run my slash.

Old
  (#24)
drw
RC-Monster Stock

03.18.2012, 09:31 AM

Turn the trans around,mount it on forward hoiles of chassis,then mount motor so its facing esc,gears would face towards steering.

Old
  (#25)
Blazerss
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

03.25.2012, 12:09 AM

Thanks for the input drw. I really want to use the stand alone gmaxx motor mount, so moving the trans isn't an option if Im going to use it.

Ended up finding another set of new 40 series mulchers last week, so got them in today and mounted up. Also put on a set of aluminum knuckles, not sure who made them but they look like some quality pieces.

I still have a few more things I want to do to this truck before I can call it done, but once I get it all finished up I will take it outside for some better pics.

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Old
  (#26)
ANGRY-ALIEN
RC-Monster Aluminum

03.25.2012, 12:28 AM

Your truck looks really nice... pity you won't be throwing it down on the ground and seeing what it can do... beautiful build though, just beautiful...

Alien

Old
  (#27)
Blazerss
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

03.25.2012, 01:34 AM

Thanks Alien for the comment. Means a lot to me when someone tells me that they appreciate what I have built especially when that person has built an amazing truck themselves. Im also planning on buying some carbon sheets for a future build and cutting my own chassis. Just looking through your thread tonight I saw those endmills for carbon. I had no idea there was such a thing, but now Im getting some.

Seems a lot of people want to see this one run, but I just cant with the parts that are on it. If they still made them I would. Not to worry though, I have a lot more builds planned and a gmaxx runner will be coming.

Old
  (#28)
Blazerss
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

04.07.2012, 02:51 PM

Well I got a few more things for the Gmaxx. Found a new front skid for it. Now I just have to change out the stand alone motor mount (this one is bent, most of them did bend I believe) and I'm thinking about changing the springs to white/gray.

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Old
  (#29)
Blazerss
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

04.15.2012, 06:53 PM

Got a few more things for the gmaxx. New powerstrokes and new gray/white springs. I think it is completely done now.

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Old
  (#30)
Blazerss
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

06.28.2012, 06:57 PM

Ok guys, Its been a while but I got a new body that Im thinking about putting on the Gmaxx. Do yall like the blue Raptor that has been on it in all my earlier post or the new razorback body?

I also have gotten a FLM half case for the trans, just haven't gotten it mounted up yet.

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]