RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > GorillaMaxx

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old
  (#16)
Procharged5.0
RC-Monster Titanium

02.12.2007, 02:28 PM

Nice G-Maxx Project! Keep the pictures coming!

Supermaxx-Racer-X, VBS, FLM chassis & Transcase, HSR Motorsports Slipper, Cage, MMM ESC, NEU1515. REVO 3.3, BL X1-CRT, CRT, BL-CRT.5, Procharged '92 Mustang visit www.chitownrc.com and www.rcbros.com

Old
  (#17)
suicideneil
They've been naughty boys, havent they Mr. Flibble

02.12.2007, 03:22 PM

Thanks, & I will when I get more parts.

yep, the fan came with the Hvmaxx, but it can be found here:

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXJUR6&P=M

Its a bit expensive at 21 bucks, but it does come with a mounting bracket and lead that plugs straight into the esc. It is also a tiny bit smaller than 40mm, which means a pc fan would need a custom mount made and a power supply- tap into the battery wires or something....

As for gearing- at the moment its still locked into first and running 13/66. This will very likely change pretty quickly once Im up and running, but i would be greatful of suggestions for gearing; say 11lb gmaxx running hvmaxx and 14.4v-?
  Send a message via MSN to suicideneil  
Old
  (#18)
jollyjumper
RC-Monster jumper

02.12.2007, 05:23 PM

nice, keep it up!;)

losi 8ight-t
xray xt8

Old
  (#19)
mini-mad
RC-Monster Stock

02.13.2007, 03:22 AM

cool but i told of the fan who's on the motor:018:

Old
  (#20)
suicideneil

02.13.2007, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mini-mad
cool but i told of the fan who's on the motor:018:
Oh right, I got that off ebay. A little heatsink with fan attached- heres one similar:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Gunmetal-alloy...QQcmdZViewItem

Mine doesnt really do much cooling, more-over it just looks cool. But I have plans.....

Last edited by suicideneil; 02.13.2007 at 12:35 PM.
Old
  (#21)
suicideneil

02.13.2007, 05:29 PM

Ha-ha, I just had some great news! No, my 2coolrc order hasnt turned up yet- I just sent them an email though....

Long long ago I ordered some punisher shafts from RC4WD, and about 5 seconds after using them for the first time they broke (uj exploded- well documented elsewhere). So I contacted them and they said they would send me out a newer version, free of charge. So I waited, and waited, and waited and nothing came so I kept contacting them and they kept saying 'couple weeks'. After months of waiting I was told they were on their way..... and still nothing. So I just contacted them again and clearly stated the whole problem/situaition & that I dont have a TXt-1 anymore, so could I have a refund as the shafts must have been lost in transit. To my suprise not 5 minutes later I got the full $79.98 refunded- result! So that will be going towards some FLM shock towers or something else nice and shiney me thinks....
Old
  (#22)
jollyjumper
RC-Monster jumper

02.13.2007, 05:34 PM

that's the way to handle stuff!;)

losi 8ight-t
xray xt8

Old
  (#23)
Mike.L
RC-Monster Titanium

02.13.2007, 06:04 PM

Looking good so far everything is sweell other then the piggy backs
  Send a message via MSN to Mike.L  
Old
  (#24)
Sylvester
RC-Monster Dual Brushless

02.13.2007, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suicideneil
Ha-ha, I just had some great news! No, my 2coolrc order hasnt turned up yet- I just sent them an email though....

Long long ago I ordered some punisher shafts from RC4WD, and about 5 seconds after using them for the first time they broke (uj exploded- well documented elsewhere). So I contacted them and they said they would send me out a newer version, free of charge. So I waited, and waited, and waited and nothing came so I kept contacting them and they kept saying 'couple weeks'. After months of waiting I was told they were on their way..... and still nothing. So I just contacted them again and clearly stated the whole problem/situaition & that I dont have a TXt-1 anymore, so could I have a refund as the shafts must have been lost in transit. To my suprise not 5 minutes later I got the full $79.98 refunded- result! So that will be going towards some FLM shock towers or something else nice and shiney me thinks....
Wow! Seems like 2cool is a PITA to deal with.. they are off my list for sure!

The problem with nitro's these days are that they arent brushless... LOL

Losi 8ight e
MMM / Neu 1512 2.5d/f
Thunderpower 5s 5000
  Send a message via MSN to Sylvester  
Old
  (#25)
jollyjumper
RC-Monster jumper

02.14.2007, 02:13 AM

Quote:
As for gearing- at the moment its still locked into first and running 13/66. This will very likely change pretty quickly once Im up and running, but i would be greatful of suggestions for gearing; say 11lb gmaxx running hvmaxx and 14.4v-?
22~25/1 in 2nd with <6" tires.

losi 8ight-t
xray xt8

Old
  (#26)
Procharged5.0
RC-Monster Titanium

02.14.2007, 02:11 PM

Quote:

That's great news! happy to hear it!

Supermaxx-Racer-X, VBS, FLM chassis & Transcase, HSR Motorsports Slipper, Cage, MMM ESC, NEU1515. REVO 3.3, BL X1-CRT, CRT, BL-CRT.5, Procharged '92 Mustang visit www.chitownrc.com and www.rcbros.com

Old
  (#27)
neweuser
RC Monster, the Final Frontier

02.14.2007, 02:36 PM

AS far as gearing with the HV, I was thinking that 72/13 would be good, but that depends on the HV you have, maybe BP can chime in on the gearing you should use. Also, I would get the single speed if you haven't already....

"if you've got something to say, say it peacefully"
  Send a message via MSN to neweuser  
Old
  (#28)
suicideneil

02.14.2007, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neweuser
AS far as gearing with the HV, I was thinking that 72/13 would be good, but that depends on the HV you have, maybe BP can chime in on the gearing you should use. Also, I would get the single speed if you haven't already....
I have the 6.5 version, bought it about 2 years ago and its still runs like clockwork. 72/13 sounds abit low, but I do have the emaxx tranny locked into first so I will no doubt be experimenting when its all up and running. As for the single speed, I already have the coupler so when the gmaxx site is open again I will just order the cover, and I have a spare brand new input shaft for the tranny to cut down to size. Its now exactly one month till the gmaxx site does reopen; the suspense is killing me!
Old
  (#29)
neweuser
RC Monster, the Final Frontier

02.14.2007, 06:13 PM

If it's the HV I think it is, they recommend gearing for 32 pitch at 70/12 and 72/11 I believe, somewhere around there. And yes, it's low, but it's due to the temps these run at.

"if you've got something to say, say it peacefully"
  Send a message via MSN to neweuser  
Old
  (#30)
suicideneil

02.14.2007, 06:19 PM

Hmm, fair enough then. I'll start at 72/11 and take it from there. Thats the thing I love about the Emaxx tranny design- so easy to change gearing in the field without the need to dismantle half your truck, unlike when I had it in the TXT-1..... if anything came loose it was half an hour to fix it up & get running again. I love my Gmaxx....