Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > General Electric

making female deans plug jumper
Old
  (#1)
danielc79
RC-Monster Stock

making female deans plug jumper - 07.28.2010, 05:38 PM

Hi
I just recently switched all of my batteries over to deans plugs, so i don't have to use a converter for trx connectors to deans for my savage flux. When i did so, i made a jumper (i think is what its called) i soldered the two ends together on a female plug and put it on my esc, so that only one plug is used. i did this so that i can easily switch from 4s to 6s with different parrallel adapters.

Well, i noticed my truck started cogging. while holding down the trottle the truck acts like it loses power and gets it right back (within a second or so) but i don't know why. Could this be because of soldering that one deans plug closed? perhaps it causes some minor resistance? I didn't think it would cause this, but not sure what else i should check.

Also to be noted it seems it gets worse when the voltage drops some. i checked the batteries and they were still at about 3.9v per cell, but at 4.2v per cell i didn't notice this happening.

thanks

Old
  (#2)
crazyjr
RC-Monster Dual Brushless

07.28.2010, 11:47 PM

It could be, I'm not sure the resistance of solder . Might have been better if you soldered a piece of 10 gauge wire to the posts

Work because i gotta, play because i wanna

People here hate Nitro, I love it. I start it, run it about 50 ft from me and it dies, I go after it. Perfect exercise

Old
  (#3)
danielc79
RC-Monster Stock

07.29.2010, 10:17 PM

well i took off the jumper and connected the batteries straight to the esc connectors. it still does it. and this time i drove it away from me till it happene and it lost connection. I have a dx3s and i have heard they have range issues but earlier this year i was able to drive the truck as far as i could see it, now it loses range at the end of a rather small parking lot, and it seems at random. sometimes its much closer.

Do you think this is a tx problem or rx problem? they came together brand new in a set, and the tx i've never dropped. i'm thinking its an rx problem, as it gets bashed alot, and i also plastic dipped it last year which may have some long term effects not sure. tell me what you think please.

Old
  (#4)
camra88

08.02.2010, 01:09 AM

When you drove it, and had good range, is this the same place you are driving it now? Could be interference.

Old
  (#5)
danielc79
RC-Monster Stock

08.02.2010, 11:17 AM

yes it is
i think i may have found the problem, i recently pinched the receiver wire when putting the cover on the receiver box, not pinched badly just bent the wire. i changed the wire out because i've heard of the wire breaking before and had it out for a test run with good results yesterday. more testing will be required but i think that was the problem. thanks for your help all