RC-Monster Forums  
RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > Brushless

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
How-To modify your single speed trans to use the 3905 slipper clutch!
Old
  (#1)
TDC57
"If you can't beat em'....shoot em'

Cool How-To modify your single speed trans to use the 3905 slipper clutch! - 04.24.2008, 02:53 AM

How to modify the output shaft of a Revo to accomdate the 3905 slipper clutch system for a Gmaxx G1 single speed or FLM 10000 single speed transmission.

Parts you will need!
1. Revo output shaft / Part # 5366
2. Traxxas second gear from a 3906 trans / Part #3933
3. Traxxas slipper clutch system part #5351 & 5352x
4. Spur Gear (your choice of stock or Mod 1)

Equipment you will need!
1. Drill press
2. Titanium Drill bit 5/64Ē
3. Bench grinder
Take out your new output shaft and use tape to as a guide, you will need to grind down the end of the shaft just below the end hole. See pictures below

Now use the first gear that come with you part #3933 as a guide to drill your new slipper hole. The new hole should be just past the original slipper hole. I use a axle nut to hold the gear in place so this way I donít experience any movement and I'm insured a straight hole through the center of the shaft. See pictures below.

Nothing!.. Hahahahaaa..

Old
  (#2)
TDC57

04.24.2008, 02:54 AM

Now grind down the fins off of the slipper clutch system, see pictures below

That it! You’re done with your output shaft!.

Install the shaft in the Trans and install the slipper clutch system, this should leave you with an extremely close fit which allows you to install your pinion gear closer up the shaft with far less stress on the Motor output shaft. See pictures of the final product.

You will need to also determine which spur gear you will be using?? If you are using a Mod 1 gear, simply drill (3) holes out with a 13/64 bit and drill out the center hole with a 27/64 bit. See pictures below..

That’s it, now you’re done with your Spur gear!

Nothing!.. Hahahahaaa..

Last edited by TDC57; 04.24.2008 at 03:04 AM.

Old
  (#3)
TDC57

04.24.2008, 03:05 AM

I hope this helps, the total process takes me about 30 minutes, but I’ve done it several times so it’s no big deal for me!.. it make take you 45 minutes the first time.. you also may want to buy an extra output shaft just incase you run into any difficulties.. (just a thought)

Thank you for your time and have a great day Team..

Shaun.

Nothing!.. Hahahahaaa..

Old
  (#4)
GorillaMaxx360
Always Willing to Obtain More Knowledge

04.24.2008, 10:56 AM

i get if finally. correct me if i am wrong but you used the second existing hole (from the no-threaded end) to fasten the gear and you drilled a hole to move the slipper closer to the gear, NOT the gear closer to the slipper. I was confused becasue i and some other guys are moving the gear closer to the slipper and i at first thought that was what you where doing. It is actually probably better to do it your way because it gives you more thread to put the screw on. Am i seeing it wright.

Old
  (#5)
lincpimp
Check out my huge box!

04.24.2008, 11:31 AM

When I did mine I redrilled the hole that holds the internal gear on and used the existing hole for the slipper cross pin. I am guessing either will work fine, as long as there are enough threads to allow for complete adjustment of the slipper.

Old
  (#6)
GorillaMaxx360
Always Willing to Obtain More Knowledge

04.24.2008, 08:00 PM

Hey Thanks TDC59 i just wanted to say your directions worked great. I have made one of these for my friends but this is the first one i made my self. The one i made him i drilled a new hole for the gear and this one for myself a new hole for the slipper. I do like this slipper setup becuase i have much more options. It took me about 30min in the garage. Anyways here some pics of it mounted up.

Old
  (#7)
TDC57

04.25.2008, 12:06 AM

Hay Gorillamaxx360.. Nice shoots and I’m glad to hear it helped!.. Excellent..

Thanks for the confirmation it works for others..

Have a great one..

Shaun

Nothing!.. Hahahahaaa..

Old
  (#8)
Traxxas Addict
RC-Monster Stock

05.04.2009, 03:02 PM

Sorry for the dumb question but can anyone tell me how to remove the 1st gear from part #3933 and then how you re-attach it to part 5366?

I have cut down 5366 and now am trying to move on to the next step. Alright, never mind on the removal of first gear as I figured that part out. Now, how best to re-attach? Do I re-insert the pin that I hammered out of part 3933? Or is there another option? Your help is deeply appreciated!

Last edited by Traxxas Addict; 05.05.2009 at 12:53 PM.

Old
  (#9)
Rivermaxx
RC-Monster Aluminum

08.23.2009, 12:44 AM

I know this is a kind post digging but Ive got a question does the shaft have to be drilled? Is it possible to use the existing holes.

Old
  (#10)
trev3813
Dsm needed

08.23.2009, 04:26 AM

Awe man, when i saw, TDC57, i thought he was back, my hopes where up for nothing

As for the question, it prolly needs the new hole for gear alignment would be my guess
  Send a message via AIM to trev3813 Send a message via MSN to trev3813  
Old
  (#11)
suicideneil
They've been naughty boys, havent they Mr. Flibble

08.23.2009, 01:09 PM

Correct, the existing holes dont work well at all to get proper pinion and spur alignment.

As for the replacement roll-pin question, a drill bit or hex wrench works perfectly; I used a hex wrench that I hammered into the gear and through the hole, then cut it off flush with the gear on either side + added a drop or two of JBWeld to hold it solid.
  Send a message via MSN to suicideneil  
Old
  (#12)
Rivermaxx
RC-Monster Aluminum

08.23.2009, 01:35 PM

I seems like you can just adjust the pinion gear out a little to make up for it. It looks like the hole has been moved back only about 3-4mm from center to center. It doesnt seem like the extra drilled hole is necessary but I could be wrong. I was also thinking the holes are so close together it might weaken the shaft. I wonder if the t-maxx slipper conversion kit will work also?