Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > Brushless

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
| tc | xray t1 evo2 | vector x12 4.5t | c-hubs |
Old
  (#1)
ANGRY-ALIEN
RC-Monster Aluminum

| tc | xray t1 evo2 | vector x12 4.5t | c-hubs | - 09.18.2010, 02:48 AM

Hi all... I started a new project and felt like it would be a good idea to post it here so I could get some feedback or suggestions on the build.

Despite their small stature, touring have always amazed me with the high rate of acceleration and the ability to go through corners so well at some cray speeds... The high cost of acquiring one these kits
kept me at bay for a long time because I could not justify the spend... So I got me a used unit... I found this XRAY T1 EVO2 (seen below in first photo) on ebay for only $52 shipped... I decided to start
with a car that would allow me to go through the build process without confusing me to death... to appreciation the work that goes into these the little machines, I disassembled the car to get a closer look
at each of its components... I also went online seeking any info from other users of the car... though the the kit was released back in 2002, they were quite a few cars still being driven at club events with
relatively good success... They are now very popular with the drift community... I also found out that they were five other models Designated 'T1' from xray that would facilitate cross use of parts and upgrades:

XRAY T1
XRAY T1 RAYCER
XRAY T1 MINI
XRAY T1 FK and XRAY T1FK'05 (which is similar to the current layout of the T2's and T3's Chassis)

I decided to go shopping for some upgrades and accessories for the build... Luckily, Xray still lists the parts on their site... unfortunately, most of the hobby shops I got in touch with did not want to do business
with me because my shipping address was not the same as my billing... So, I had to go searching on ebay again... very limited options for the T1, but good deals will pop up every now and then..

Parts acquired:
Aluminum C-Hub suspension option set - rear
Aluminum C-Hub suspension option set - front
Anti-Roll Bar front and rear 2mm sets
Belt Tensioner Set
Multi-Diff
Solid aluminum central Layshaft
Blue - soft-medium springs
Rear bumper
Lots of screws

Body:
Protoform LTCR

Electrics:
LRP - Vector X12 4.5 turn - 7900kv
LRP - Sphere Competition - will run a 3 turn motor
Airtronics - 94360M Servo - 125oz - .07 sec. at 6 volts
Airtronics 92324 3-Channel FHSS 2.4GHz Receiver

Numbers:
FDR (final drive ratio): 2.125 (drive ratio) X 93/23 (spur divided by pinion) = 8.59 FDR (8.6 was recommended for the motor on small tracks)

Differential Ratio: 2.125
Transmission Ratio: 1
Other Ratio: 1
Spur Tooth Count: 93
Pinion Tooth Count: 23
Total Voltage: 8.4
Motor KV: 7900
Tire Diameter (inches): 2.5
Tire Ballooning (inches): 0
Motor Current Draw: 0
Motor Coil Resistance: 0
Spur/Pinion Ratio: 4.04 : 1
Total Ratio: 8.59239 : 1
Tire Circumference (inches): 7.85 inches (199.49 mm)
Rollout: 0.91:1
Total Motor Speed: 66360 RPM
Vehicle Speed: 57.44 mph (92.27 km/h)

Ok... enough talking... have a look below:

Xray T1 EVO2 in its 'stock' state... complete cobweb and dust

I removed the anodizing and gave the bulks a little polishing

Front C-hubs on the left with stock pivot ball suspension on the right

Rear C-hubs and new suspension arms

The Xray adjustable shocks have 4 settings, each of which can be felt by a little "click"... I got some new 'Blue - soft-medium springs' for them

Diffs... left to right - front Multi-Diff (one-way | one-way solid | full-time solid axle), One Way Pro front and the rear diff

Solid aluminum central Layshaft and the stock one-way pulley, fixed pulley and One-Way adjustment nut

Xray T1 EVO2 - starting the chassis assembly

To be continued...

Last edited by ANGRY-ALIEN; 09.18.2010 at 01:46 PM.

Old
  (#2)
ANGRY-ALIEN
RC-Monster Aluminum

09.18.2010, 02:50 AM

It Continues...

Belt tensioner and battery hold down

The belt tensioner was mounted on the lower chassis plate to create clearance for the lipo as it will be held horizontally in the car (original mounting position)

Rear 2mm anti-roll bar

Rear suspension assembly

Front suspension assembly

Airtronics - 94360M steering servo

Birds eye view

LRP - Vector X12 4.5t (7900kv) with timing inserts

More to come

Alien

Beautiful....
Old
  (#3)
Big House
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

Beautiful.... - 09.18.2010, 09:00 AM

Simply beautiful...too pretty to put on the street.

CF Ofna GTP II Extended Chassis Castle/Flux 2200kv 6s
CF Ofna DM-1 Pro CC1717
CF Sportswerks Mayhem ST
CF Losi LST2

Old
  (#4)
ANGRY-ALIEN
RC-Monster Aluminum

09.18.2010, 10:03 AM

Thanks man... It's going to get dirty!! I want to race it at the local track with the nitro fellows and see how well it will keeps up with them.

Alien

Old
  (#5)
Bushboy

09.18.2010, 12:06 PM

Theres a lot of nice shiny bits on there Alien.

Nice work. :)

Old
  (#6)
ANGRY-ALIEN
RC-Monster Aluminum

09.18.2010, 01:01 PM

Thanks Bush... did you get yours yet? When you do, post up some pics...

Alien

Old
  (#7)
Big House
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

09.18.2010, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANGRY-ALIEN View Post
Thanks man... It's going to get dirty!! I want to race it at the local track with the nitro fellows and see how well it will keeps up with them.

Alien
Run with a 3s Mamba Max Pro with a 5700 and they will ask you to leave the track....that is if you can control it.

CF Ofna GTP II Extended Chassis Castle/Flux 2200kv 6s
CF Ofna DM-1 Pro CC1717
CF Sportswerks Mayhem ST
CF Losi LST2

Old
  (#8)
ANGRY-ALIEN
RC-Monster Aluminum

09.18.2010, 07:14 PM

Hmmm.. well that's the thing... I do want the control... so I opted to stay with 2s and the current esc and motor combo... I have seen one guy with a TC4 running a Castle 5700 motor at the track (i think on 3s) and that thing is a handful... needless to say, corners are a little challenging for him with all that power going through the wheels... The objective of this build is to keep it within TC spec as much as possible... nothing over the top on power... My friend Bush will be running a the setup you suggested, so we'll see the difference when they finally get on the asphalt...

Bushboy, hurry up with your build man!!

Alien

Old
  (#9)
slimthelineman
RC-Monster Aluminum

09.19.2010, 12:20 AM

got a nib cm36 9000kv motor if anyone wants to take a tc back to the future lol! have ran some tc on a 5.5 on 2s and it ripped, cant imagine more power but i guess that is why we are rc-monsters! seriously though that is one sick ride. x-ray has always made stellar stuff in my opinion. was never fortunate enough to own one, but have ran a few other fellow racers x-ray rides and was seriously impressed. just a little rich for my blood. dont think you will have any problems with the nitro cars, except as back markers. keep up the good work alien, tc will reward you with an amazing driving experience and hone your driving skills given proper setup and attention to detail. in other words lots of patience..........probly why i went back to off-road.

Old
  (#10)
ANGRY-ALIEN
RC-Monster Aluminum

09.19.2010, 11:10 AM

Thanks man... It'll be a steep learning curve for me as this is my first TC, but I like a challenge... it's going to be 'fun'... I hope... can't wait to finish the build.

Alien

Old
  (#11)
magman
RC-Monster Dual Brushless

09.19.2010, 07:45 PM

I also love TC...but alas, no one to run with. One local high school just had their p lot repaved last year and it would make a sweet on road layout.

It's in the shape of a rectangle..it has 180' straights with 95' ends...I measured

your build wants me to get one again...if I wasn't doing a Slash 4x4 make over, those would be on my list

1. MBX-6 T8 1900KV, RX8 ON 4S
2. MBX-5T 1520, MMM ON 5S
3. MBX-5 ONROAD CONVERSION 1515, MMM ON 5S
4. MRX-3 ON ROAD CONVERSION 1512, MMM ON 6S
5. TEN T 2650 T8, MMP ON 3S

Old
  (#12)
Bushboy

09.19.2010, 10:15 PM

No pics I'm afraid Alien, still waiting on that camera. Maybe you can get some good ones at the weekend and post them. Not as many shiny bits as yours, so yours will look faster.

Last edited by Bushboy; 09.19.2010 at 10:29 PM.

Old
  (#13)
ANGRY-ALIEN
RC-Monster Aluminum

09.19.2010, 10:33 PM

'look faster' huh? ... finish your car, and we'll settle this at the track...

Alien

Old
  (#14)
Bushboy

09.19.2010, 10:45 PM

I'm just waiting on my little green can to get here :)

The electrics
Old
  (#15)
ANGRY-ALIEN
RC-Monster Aluminum

The electrics - 09.30.2010, 01:26 PM

Ok... so I got the electrics installed now... this was not a simple task considering the size of these little cars... it's a good thing the LRP Sphere TC Spec has got such a small footprint...
it was small enough to allow a little space for the receiver to mounted next to it... The motor, power and sensor wires had to be strapped to the upper deck since the battery will be mounted
horizontally between the esc and motor...

I plugged everything up and programmed the esc's neutral, forward and brake positions (this esc does not have reverse)... It works... the fan is a little loud though for its size (it spins up really fast)...
all programming is done on the esc with the mode and set buttons... all mode features are confirmed with LEDs.

I'm still waiting on new spurs and pinions... so I didn't get to run a full test with the electrics and mechanics... see the pics below for the current layout..

LRP Sphere tc spec and the Mamba Monster to give an sense of scale.

Switch mounted inverted to allow for access under the body... all programming is done on the esc with the mode and set buttons

Not a whole lot of space for mounting electrics on this chassis... the deans will be replaced with 4mm bullets for the protek 2S packs

To be continued....

Tags
lrp sphere, x12, xray t1, xray t1 evo2