Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > Unlimited Engineering

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Brushless UE Projects
Old
  (#1)
MiRatlhed
RCMTC-MI

Brushless UE Projects - 12.06.2010, 01:22 PM

Well guys I wanted to post these here because I know there is a wealth of knowledge over here about brushless rigs and a lot of our members from UE spend time here so I thought some of you might appreciate these builds. I have a UE Lightning and a Dace Predator I am building. Both are going to be brushless trucks and these two are the best 2 RC's I have ever owned ( with my PRP Berzerker a close 3rd...)

I will update as progress unfolds, still getting a couple parts together for both builds so these will be winter time builds since it is cold and snowy here now. Enjoy and please comment on your thoughts. I figured I would like to introduce myself in a good way here, UE forum is really the only place I had been active at where these trucks are truly appreciated. I hope you guys like them as well. I am sure I will run into some questions along the way, Jerry and Lito always talk about RCM Forums with great respect.

UE Lightning before :

UE Lightning after anodizing :

Dace Predator Brushless conversion with RCM Universal Center Diff mount, this one also is getting custom anodizing treatment :

Before :

After anodizing, I got the Predator chassis trimmed so my spur will clear with no issues while using the RCM mount :

I am most excited about building these two trucks....

Old
  (#2)
Kcaz25
RC-Monster Titanium

12.06.2010, 01:30 PM

I'm glad you brought this piece here. Some of the stuff going on at UE is so exciting. I wish it wasn't so difficult to get in there. Its really just because Robin doesn't take the time I suppose.

Old
  (#3)
MiRatlhed
RCMTC-MI

12.06.2010, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcaz25 View Post
I'm glad you brought this piece here. Some of the stuff going on at UE is so exciting. I wish it wasn't so difficult to get in there. Its really just because Robin doesn't take the time I suppose.
Yeah and I still communicate with people who have been trying to get approved to use that forum for 8+ months or better. I myself waited a good 7 months to get approved to use it.

There is some buzz going on at UE for sure, I knew some of you here would like to see this Lightning.

Old
  (#4)
Overdriven
Destroyer of Tires

12.06.2010, 07:45 PM

You are a brave soul for anodizing those parts. I personally like it and customizing in general, but I'm sure there are purists out there who won't feel the same way. I can't wait to see more. I'm really curious what the layout is going to be on the Predator

LST XXL MMM 1717 Custom Fabbed Conversion

Glad to see it.
Old
  (#5)
JERRY2KONE
JERRY2KONE SUPERMAXX

Glad to see it. - 12.06.2010, 08:55 PM

Yea it is good to see it in here to Joe. Glad that you brought it over here for more people to see. Customizing is always a matter of taste, but these anodizing projects are really looking good. You have hit on something very special here Joe, and I for one am glad to see your creativeness come through on one of the best products ever released to our hobby with the UE line. Nice work.

SUPERMAXX YOUR LIFE.

Old
  (#6)
MiRatlhed
RCMTC-MI

12.06.2010, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overdriven View Post
You are a brave soul for anodizing those parts.

I'm really curious what the layout is going to be on the Predator
Taking the step to anodize all of that Lightning lot was either poop or get off the pot, no turning back once you decide to do it. The Predator was easier to decide but the Lightning.....man I was pretty anxious about that one. Dang near had a anxiety attack when the USPS delivery did not show up on time to deliver the finished product and it was a couple days late. Just sending out that kind of a stash made me nervous as heck. But the end result is just amazing, I am really glad I decided to do the Marble anodizing, at first that was not in the plan but then I thought about doing some of the main pieces to break apart the two solids. So the wheels, trans case and the VBS were chosen to get the marble. All three of those items turned out great.

I will decide on the Predator once I get the center unit mounted on whether I will have room for a tray or just a strap to hold the LiPo on the chassis. I would like to get a tray so I will measure once I get the drive line all put on.

Thanks for checking out the trucks guys! Glad I brought them over here to share.

Old
  (#7)
Overdriven
Destroyer of Tires

12.06.2010, 11:09 PM

While I find UE stuff beautiful in its design, the monochromatic color scheme of polished aluminum doesn't do much for me. I wouldn't have hesitated to do the same as you. I meant more because of potential loss in value and possible backlash. I don't know how most rc guys are, but some people don't like it too much when you change something they admire. To which I say screw it anyway! But definitely keep us posted on the progress, looks awesome.

LST XXL MMM 1717 Custom Fabbed Conversion

Old
  (#8)
What's_nitro?
Soldermaster Extraordinaire

12.07.2010, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overdriven View Post
I don't know how most rc guys are, but some people don't like it too much when you change something they admire. To which I say screw it anyway! But definitely keep us posted on the progress, looks awesome.
My thoughts exactly! I like the anodizing. Your Lightning is now different from every other Lightning out there- making it even more pricele$$.

If someone doesn't like what you did, well... Who cares! It ain't theirs!

I am faster than Buzz Lightyear.

Apples & oranges.
Old
  (#9)
JERRY2KONE
JERRY2KONE SUPERMAXX

Apples & oranges. - 12.07.2010, 01:59 AM

Like stated before some people just like things in different variations due to individual taste. Some do not like UE gear at all because of the cost, but in comparison some people don't care for Austin Martin, Farrari or Lamborgini either, but that does not take away from the fact that they are at the top of the automobile industry in performance and appeal. Like some I am on the fence about the anodizing of this stuff, but for the record I think it is impressive regardless of the value or lack there of that it may impose. His color scheme combination and the way it all flows together looks very nice, and I think it is just another way to improve on an already impressive engineering design. The cost of the anodizing is a bit more than I am willing to part with for the novalty, but if I could get it done cheaply I would try it out in other colors like Blue & Yellow, or Yellow & black.

SUPERMAXX YOUR LIFE.

Old
  (#10)
mkrusedc
NeuMaxx

12.07.2010, 02:01 PM

Those are two beautiful builds! Joe alot of the UE guys are here such as Jerry and Lito. You can get a wealth of info here. Thanks for posting.

Old
  (#11)
_paralyzed_
working on a brushless for my wheelchair.....

12.12.2010, 04:22 AM

just saw these beauties. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love how the tekin gear matches so perfectly with the lightning build!!

It's "Dr. _paralyzed_" actually. Not like with a PhD, but Doctor like in Dr. Pepper.

Old
  (#12)
MiRatlhed
RCMTC-MI

12.12.2010, 09:50 AM

Well that is awesome, I am glad you guys like the trucks. I will be working on them the next couple months building each one. I had to order a different diff for my Predator so I am waiting for that to come in, that truck will be done first. Then the Lightning will get every single detail done to a "T", no shortcuts on that build.

I will keep this thread updated with progress of each truck. Thanks for the comments gentleman!!

Old
  (#13)
coolhandcountry
RC-Monster Mod

12.12.2010, 01:57 PM

They are really going to look good when finished.
My only concern would be if ran them.
The anodized stuff will get beat up and not look so good later.

RC is like life. You live for the moment.

Peace!
Country
Help support the
Rc-Monster
Buy here

My pics and videos
  Send a message via Yahoo to coolhandcountry  
Old
  (#14)
reno911
Smelly Nitro meet your maker!

12.12.2010, 03:03 PM

Wow.

I have no words to describe.

Waiting for more!

Old
  (#15)
MiRatlhed
RCMTC-MI

12.15.2010, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolhandcountry View Post
They are really going to look good when finished.
My only concern would be if ran them.
The anodized stuff will get beat up and not look so good later.
Yeah I won't run the Lightning outside, I have my own RC club and we race indoors in the winter time on carpet so I will run it there to save the finish. I would not want to trash this truck, way too special to me.

I got a new center diff in for the Predator so I will be working on it starting in a couple days, I need to find a nice piece of 7075 plate so I can make a center mount plate. Was going to go shopping today and now I got a sick kid at home. So hopefully I can get out tomorrow and pick some metal up.