RC-Monster Forums  
RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > HPI Savage

Old
  (#46)
Ola
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

09.20.2011, 03:04 AM

How are you doing Manne? Still improving the Savage? E-revo also perhaps? :)

RC8T FT CE, CC1520, Tekno v4

Old
  (#47)
Manne
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

09.22.2011, 08:31 AM

Hello Ola! Sorry for the slow answer!

Yes I am, actually I have a new setup on the truck now, I was supposed to post it a few days ago but I just couldnīt find time to do it

Yeah, I did put togheter the revo about a month ago...To just give it a shot once again, after four packs of lipos the front diff gave up........

The savvy is still using the diffs it came with shimmed with alot of care ofcourse and very well taken care of but still the same!

How about you? Is the truggy still going strong?

Old
  (#48)
Ola
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

09.22.2011, 12:03 PM

Sounds great! Do post youre new setup as well :)

The truggy is still running strong.. Too little driving this summer because of work, but i think ive put it through approx 35-40 packs in total now.. 5s 5000mah.. A couple rims and a body has been wrecked, but thats about it :) Rear diff was popping today though :( its reshimmed now, so it still works, but ive orered a new because the old one looks worn out.. Should have serviced and reshimmed it before, but a 24 buck diff i can live with after all those hours :)

Old
  (#49)
Manne
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

01.20.2012, 05:31 AM

Better Late then never!

Ola:
Well It looks like the truggy was the right way to go for you then I canīt say anything more than that that car is just plain awsome. Keep on bashing.

Update:

The new setup.

Using stock radiobox and stock motormount with the revo gearbox

Covered the holes in the front of the motor also

Well, this setup seems to be bulletproof, it has taken some SERIOUS beatings and major air since I did this, I consider the truck done now, all the weak links are gone.

Now itīs time for a rebuild so Itīs ready for the summer.

Will be ordering a new body, new wheeliebar, new front and rear skid and new "flexmounts" for the bumpers, new drivecups, driveshafts, tires and some other stuff.

There has been some videotaping and fotage taken this autumn from the gravel pit that I will post later on... I will try to not have such a big gap between now and the next update as the last time I posted something

Last edited by Manne; 01.20.2012 at 05:33 AM.

Old
  (#50)
coolhandcountry
RC-Monster Mod

01.20.2012, 02:13 PM

Interesting build.
Seems the truck does take a pounding.
I used to like my savage kind of wish had kept it.
Why didn't you get a FLM chassis instead of other brand?

Peace!
Country
Help support the
Rc-Monster
Buy here

My pics and videos
  Send a message via Yahoo to coolhandcountry  
Old
  (#51)
Manne
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

02.02.2012, 04:06 AM

Thanks.

Yeah, Itīs a great truck.

The Tcs chassis seemed to be the most rigid chassis for the price, thats pretty much it, why did you wounder? :)

Old
  (#52)
coolhandcountry
RC-Monster Mod

02.02.2012, 08:14 AM

More curious then anything.

Peace!
Country
Help support the
Rc-Monster
Buy here

My pics and videos
  Send a message via Yahoo to coolhandcountry  
Old
  (#53)
Ascender
RC-Monster Stock

03.11.2012, 04:08 AM

Wow, haven't been here in a while.

So, questions:
1. One of your original complaints about the Flux was that it was a "fat pig", yet you've actually made it a lot heavier by sticking the stock plates inside the TCS TVPs. As far as I know, NOBODY has ever managed to bend or break a TCS plate yet. Plus, the reason you had problems with the stock plates in the first place was that you removed all of the cross-bracing that makes the Savage line so strong when you took out the radio box and motor plate. Having the stock sandwiched in there is just pointless weight.

Second, you've missed the best proven handling improvements for the Savage, which are simply lowering the truck by means of an internal spacer in the shock, and getting an XL-length chassis. TCS makes a good one, or you can do like I did and order a set of XL-length carbon fiber TVPs from Platinum RC. They weigh less than the stock 2.5mm plates, and they're as strong or stronger than the TCS pieces.

Last edited by Ascender; 03.11.2012 at 04:10 AM.

Old
  (#54)
Manne
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

05.16.2012, 01:35 PM

Very long time no see!

Will post some bash pics, and some video clips later on..... I have them just havenīt uploaded them ( I donīt have a youtube account yet...).

Ascender:

This is why it isnīt pointless to use the tcs chassis with the stock chassis: Look from 3.45 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09FbKPKRBvo

About the crossbraces, I bent the crap out of the truck in places where the braces didnīt do any difference. Like in the right rear section where the motor sits on a stock flux, in the thin section. My friend with a completly stock flux also bent the living crap out of it and he had all the stock braces, bent it in the same places as I did.

Thanks for the tip but I didnīt miss the XL length or the spacers in the shocks by mistake. I like high rideheight since I drive alot in rough gravelpits. And I like it short to easy make backflips and doing wheelies.

The main concerns that makes a stock flux "fat" is the crazy soft super sloppy sarvosaver spring, the thin shock oil combined with the stock mushy tires with non offset wheels.

I know that I have those big fat sloppy tires in most of the pictures, they soak up bad landings soo good so I like them for that, they also help alot to nail those tripple backflips. But I also use a set of crimefighters when I want it to feel more "racing", jump long and steady without backflips, turn good and drive fast.

Ola please be here somewhere, I want to hear about the Rc8t, still going strong?

Keep on bashing everyone.

Last edited by Manne; 05.16.2012 at 01:37 PM.

Old
  (#55)
Manne
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

05.18.2012, 07:25 AM

Update:

Finally! Movietime!

Pretty chill but amusing driving in the gravelpit
Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4QTjThVgAI

Tell me what you think, this is the first movie i have edited so all critisism is welcomed to make it better next time.

Keep onn bashing.

Old
  (#56)
_dV
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

05.19.2012, 06:45 PM

Thanks for putting that up, there's some fun stuff in there and good driving. Nicely done for a first effort.

Good to see a practical truck build aimed at bashing.

Old
  (#57)
Manne
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

05.21.2012, 03:23 PM

Thanks alot Weīll see if I get to do a better one sometime soon

Old
  (#58)
Manne
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

05.30.2012, 06:03 AM

Just ordered some parts, New body ( ford f-150 ) some pro-line mashers that Iīm going to mount on some 23mm white dish wheels. And a whole bunch of stockparts to replace all those worn out parts.

Will post some pics when heīs all togheter again.

Old
  (#59)
Ola
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

07.06.2012, 06:57 PM

Eyh Manne :) Keeping it up are you? Nice work you've done to the truck!

Sorry about the rc8t news, but its been sitting there for the last 5-6 months now... I'm all about rc planes these days.. But i take it out now and then, just to remind it who's the boss lol.. But nothing really brutal hehe. It still runs strong though..

Old
  (#60)
Manne
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

07.15.2012, 12:57 PM

Heey!

Yeah, thanks alot.

Oh, yeah flying is fun! With and without wings. I have actually been flying alot of heli lately, but nothing too big, just a 4channel coax, but I really enjoy it.

Good thing you give the rc8t a "reminder" from time to time, so it wonīt get old and rusty, good to hear that it still runs good.

Here is the latest look:

And here is the latest clip from the gravelpit bashing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOaaO...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by Manne; 07.15.2012 at 12:59 PM.