Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > Truggy

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
another E-XT8 will be born!!!!!
Old
  (#1)
ClodMaxx
hold my beer... watch this...

another E-XT8 will be born!!!!! - 11.20.2007, 03:34 PM

i just canceled my new emaxx order through my LHS, and ordered a new Xray XT8 to convert instead! i'm so excited, although this is the biggest chunk of change i've dropped at one time on an r/c.

i'll be using my LMT 1940/7 and MM, along with 5s a123 racing packs.

it should be here next week - now i gotta get my order in to The Monster for some conversion parts, and Dan from RC Product Designs is graciously working with me on converting it as well (i work about 10 minutes away from him). he also operates an unbeLIEVABLE indoor 1/8 track that i didn't know about!

Xray XT8 (Neu powered) MMM on 5s
MD 500 scale heli - castle HV-45 on 3s
Eflite Blade 400 heli on 3s

Old
  (#2)
t-maxxracer32
RC-Monster Brushless

11.20.2007, 03:50 PM

sweeT!!

this is the 4th in the last couple months!

i will be getting mine in soon too... just waiting on the ups truck to come.

o and dang!

that track does look awsome

Old
  (#3)
Sower
RC-Monster Aluminum

11.20.2007, 03:54 PM

Very nice! Welcome to the XT8 club!!! I have fitted mine with the RC-Monster motor mount and chassis brace. It's beautiful

Old
  (#4)
ClodMaxx

11.20.2007, 03:55 PM

awesome - congrats to you too then t-maxxracer! sower - i just read you have one too - can i just say how excited i am about this?!?! i feel like a little kid.

i'm a little intimidated as this will be my first non-monster truck experience, but i'm super stoked about it.

Last edited by ClodMaxx; 11.20.2007 at 03:56 PM.

Old
  (#5)
t-maxxracer32
RC-Monster Brushless

11.20.2007, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClodMaxx View Post
awesome - congrats to you too then t-maxxracer! sower - i just read you have one too - can i just say how excited i am about this?!?! i feel like a little kid.

i'm a little intimidated as this will be my first non-monster truck experience, but i'm super stoked about it.
same here.

this will be my first "racer truggy" so we will see what i do with it..

right now there is a decent little track right down my street where there are occasional races and when i move to NC next year there are a cuople awsome tracks down there.

so we will see!!

get some pics when you get everything!

o and i thinkthe people who have the xt8s are...

sower
tallyram
dafni
me
and you!

Old
  (#6)
ClodMaxx

11.20.2007, 04:07 PM

that's sweet you'll have a couple of good tracks when you move - i've always wanted to race r/c's, but i didn't think there was a good track near me (or even a bad one). for some reason, 1/8 scale racing isn't big in michigan - although this track has races every saturday, and supposedly this past weekend, on opening day, they had 143 entries!!

i sent dafni and tallyram a PM, but sower - have you had yours long? any setup tips (shock oil weight, diff oil weights, etc.)? my LHS doesn't carry XRay spare parts, so any suggestions on parts to stock up on?

Old
  (#7)
BP-Revo
BMW M Power!

11.20.2007, 04:17 PM

ClodMaxx, I would say that a general list of spare parts to stock up on are A-Arms, front C hubs and steering blocks, hingepins, and linkages (turnbuckles). For my CRT .5 I have about 1 or 2 of all the previously listed parts, except I have 2 full sets of a-arms.

Interesting that you went with an XT8 instead of the new E. Oh well, maybe you can pick up the new E and leave it stock just so you can hit those puddles!

One of my hopes is to finish the Revo truggy I have been slowly designing for a month or so now by mid summer. Then I can test it out, dial it in, etc. After that I'm hoping to make it to the RCM bash. I might have to carpool with someone because I'll still be only 18 next year (which isn't enough to rent a car).

BL Revo: CF G2R, LMT1940/7, 6S FP 30C Lipos, MMM, Hitec 5955TG
CRT .5: 7075 Ext Chassis, LMT1930/7, FP 25C 3S Lipos, MM

Old
  (#8)
t-maxxracer32
RC-Monster Brushless

11.20.2007, 04:29 PM

bp if you cant find anyone to go with i would just fly down there... renting a car would cost a hell of alot more.

gas alone would be easy 4-500 round trip. (if you got a hybrid)

im driving my truck to north carolina next summer (around 2765 miles) and its going to cost an easy 500 just to go there... (v8 f150 gets horrible gas..)

anyways.. i just bought a plane ticket to NC (actually got back yesterday) and it only cost 475 round trip...

so thats just something to think about.

ps. sorry about all the ()()()()

Old
  (#9)
BP-Revo
BMW M Power!

11.20.2007, 04:32 PM

no no, I meant renting a car once I fly there. I'm quite sure there airport and hotel are pretty far away from the track lol...

Second, my plan is to SouthWest that sucka! Hoping to spend no more than 2 or 300 for the round trip air fare.

Old
  (#10)
t-maxxracer32
RC-Monster Brushless

11.20.2007, 04:34 PM

ooo haha i gotcha! i was wondering why you would want to drive all the way there lol...

where is it at? i wanna say pennsylvannia.. i have no idea why though.

i will be up in NC when it happens so i might just drive there idk.

when is the next bash?

ill have to start planning for it!

o and if i drive there i could probably just be your ride.

its along ways away though so we could just plan later

Old
  (#11)
ClodMaxx

11.20.2007, 04:36 PM

thanks for the list, BP. as for why i didn't go with the maxx... i've had one for over 2 years now and i just think it's a dated design. while traxxas did improve it a bit, i was pretty disappointed that it wasn't an e-revo. i tend to pick r/c's that are very different from one another (the stealth is just crazy different), and since i've always wanted to race r/c's, i thought... what the heck. i just can't keep looking at the pictures - isn't this just a thing of beauty?!?!

tmaxx... lol - i got a kick out of all the ()()()

oh, and BP - if you can't find someone to carpool with, there's always the (loud whistle) TAXI!!

Last edited by ClodMaxx; 11.20.2007 at 04:42 PM.

Old
  (#12)
BP-Revo
BMW M Power!

11.20.2007, 04:43 PM

Very true about the Taxi...didn't think of that...but then again I'd rather drive myself and just pay for gas than pay for the service.

I do agree that the E-Maxx bulk/a-arm system is a VERY VERY VERY dated design. AND I HATE IT! But I do want something waterproof, and I have come up with a somewhat decent solution to it.

Running aluminum bulks with JDCarbon hingepins and RPM a-Arms. I ran the same thing on my Race-E-Maxx before (except I ran lunsford Titanium pins) and I just bent pins all the time. I figure if I run the JD's and just keep spares, they will just flex or shear (and I doubt they'll shear easily).

Even so, this truck is SOLELY for the snow...Something I need not worry about...and not worry about speed either. Doing 50mph on the snow is just asking to total your truck when that tree pop's out.

Old
  (#13)
t-maxxracer32
RC-Monster Brushless

11.20.2007, 04:58 PM

the xt8 is a rather beutifull rc car =P

it just looks like a beast of a truck and that is the main thing that i liked about it.

it looks like it can take a beating.

Old
  (#14)
Sower
RC-Monster Aluminum

11.20.2007, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClodMaxx View Post
that's sweet you'll have a couple of good tracks when you move - i've always wanted to race r/c's, but i didn't think there was a good track near me (or even a bad one). for some reason, 1/8 scale racing isn't big in michigan - although this track has races every saturday, and supposedly this past weekend, on opening day, they had 143 entries!!

i sent dafni and tallyram a PM, but sower - have you had yours long? any setup tips (shock oil weight, diff oil weights, etc.)? my LHS doesn't carry XRay spare parts, so any suggestions on parts to stock up on?
Nope, just the chassis at this point. Sorry, no tips yet.

Old
  (#15)
Patrick
RC-Monster Aluminum

11.20.2007, 11:17 PM

You should like the truggy, even compared to the supermaxx. I went from losing to the other super/gorrilamaxx's most of the time with my brushless e-maxx, with carbon fibre chassis (lowered battery style) to usually beating them or being very close so far after a couple of races with my truggy even though they've had over a year to get them tuned and I've had a couple of weeks. I'm using the same motor, esc, batteries, FDR and tyres as the maxx had, but used the tyres on the maxx when they were new, and they were pretty worn out be the time I got to use them on the truggy.The XT8 should be better than my truggy as well.
In a couple of months or less we should have at least 5 or 6 brushless truggy's at our electric only track, and I'm trying to talk my brother into getting a truggy and start racing again. I have to tell him what setup he should get, so I'm interested in how the XT8's do.
I'm having much more fun racing this brushless truggy so far compared to the maxx.

Last edited by Patrick; 11.20.2007 at 11:27 PM.